functions.php errors with Blogs-MU

When I activate the Blogs-MU theme, I get the following errors… and have done nothing but activate the theme have done zero customization and added zero content. What’s the problem/solution?

In the Admin panel, I get the following at the top of the page:

Warning: fopen(/home/content/35/8346035/html/wp/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/style.css) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/35/8346035/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4339

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/35/8346035/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4342

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/35/8346035/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4345

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/35/8346035/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php:4339) in /home/content/35/8346035/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 861

Warning: Cannot modify header information – headers already sent by (output started at /home/content/35/8346035/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php:4339) in /home/content/35/8346035/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 862

And on the web page I get at the top of the page:

Warning: fopen(/home/content/35/8346035/html/wp/wp-content/themes/blogs-mu/style.css) [function.fopen]: failed to open stream: No such file or directory in /home/content/35/8346035/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4339

Warning: fread(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/35/8346035/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4342

Warning: fclose(): supplied argument is not a valid stream resource in /home/content/35/8346035/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php on line 4345

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi dhenry,

Seems like you may have either some missing files or files got corrupted in the process of installation/copying. Could you try downloading a fresh copy of the theme and reinstalling it?

It would be best to do it via FTP given the above issue.

Thanks,

David

• dhenry
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I’ve downloaded a fresh copy three different times…same result. And each time via FTP. I’ve downloaded a fresh version of the .zip file. Unzipped it. Then transferred via FileZilla. I can do it again, but I’m guessing I’ll have the same problem.

I event wiped out wordpress entirely and reinstalled everything….same problem. If you think i should try again, I will, but not sure it’s going to help.

FYI…hosted on godaddy, running 3.2.1.

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hi dhenry,

Thanks for checking through all that, just one reinstall with a fresh copy of the theme should be all that is required, but the WordPress reinstall certainly helps rule out a lot of things as well.

However, I just can’t see a single reason that a fresh install of the theme would generate any errors like that. If you’d like to send us through a login to the site, I’ll gladly see what I can find on this.

If that’ll work for you, you can just send that through our contact form marked attention to David, preferably with a link to this thread for reference.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Other than that, the only thing I can think is to try installing a basic theme from the wordpress.org repo to see how that works in this case. Just a very strange case here.

Thanks,

David

• dhenry
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

thanks…it became so screwed up since I activated the theme that I now can’t back to the control panel. I’m going to, once again, wipe the theme and WordPress off the site and reinstall everything. I will then send you the info. and let you activate the theme for the first time so yo can see what is happening.

I have other themes installed, like Trident and Nelo, and they worked fine. Not sure why Blogs-MU is causing such a problem.

• dhenry
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

OK..there is definitely something weird. I got the same problem. Does it make any difference that I didn’t install WP in the root directory? it shouldn’t, because I’ve done this on several other sites without issue. The only variable is hosting. This is the only site on GoDaddy hosting …the other sites are hosted elsewhere. Let me know what you think. If you want me to send you the login, I will.

Current set up is:

Fresh install of WP 3.2.1

Fresh install of Blogs-MU ver. 1.2.7

hosted on GoDaddy

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi dhenry

/home/content/35/8346035/html/wp/wp-includes/functions.php

seem like file installation corrupt?

did you try manual ftp upload the latest wordpress version?

also try delete the current blogs-mu and fresh replaced blogs-mu 1.2.7

also try manual upload.

let me know how it go ok..

ps

everything ok in my end with wp 3.2.1 and with or without bp 1.5 installed.

• dhenry
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

yes,.,..please read above…fresh download and install of 3.2.1 and fresh download and install of 1.2.7… all done manually via FTP/filezilla…. still same problem.

The ONLY problem is with the blogs-mu theme. there are no issues with other themes.

• Richie_KS
    • HummingBird

hi dhenry

try updated to latest 1.2.8 and see if it working now

if not using 1.2.7

could you open _inc/functions/options-functions.php and edit line 11

$theme_data = get_theme_data( WP_CONTENT_DIR . '/themes/blogs-mu/style.css');

to

$theme_data = get_theme_data( TEMPLATEPATH . '/style.css');

and see if the issue fixed ok….this might be a bug i need to apply fix on all themes later on.

let me know:slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.