Functions.php help

Hi,

After trying to edit functions.php to add a logout redirect to homepage from backend (which I realize now is a no no!), I'm seeing the following error (see screenshot) even after editing through ftp. I would really appreciate some help as I am unable to get back into backend.

Many thanks

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jenny-Lyn,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Sorry to know that you are having issues, I could see the headers already sent error from the screenshot coming from your themes functions.php file, this happens when there is an extra while space near the php tags in your file. You can rename the theme snaptube in order to get access to your backend, under /wp-content/themes/ using an FTP.

If you are unsure about making those changes, could you please send us your credentials so that we can have a closer look, and make those edits?

You can send credentials by using our secure contact form: http://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select “I have a different question” for your topic.

– To Mark to my attention, the subject line should contain only: ATTN: Nithin Ramdas

-WordPress admin username

-WordPress admin password

-login url

-FTP credentials (host/username/password)

-link back to this thread for reference

-any other relevant urls

Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

• Nithin
    • Support Wizard

Hi Jenny-Lyn,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

I’m able to restore your dashboard back to normal, the current theme activated is TwentySixteen, I’m not able to determine the exact error reading from 2855 lines of code in your themes functions.php file. So it’s still not safe to activate the Snaptube theme, would recommend you to replace the current functions.php file, with your original file that you got when the theme was purchased. This would be the easiest step in getting rid of those error, and once done, you can activate your Snaptube theme, and configure it accordingly.

Please do make use of a Child theme in order to edit your themes, so to avoid such things from happening in the future.

If you still have any issue, please do let us know, we would be happy to troubleshoot it further. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.