/functions.php problem while creating a blog

Hello,

I have had thread about updating wordpress to 3.1.4 and I thought that this error was caused by incorrect updating.. but I have just updated wordpress correctly, and this error remains..

This error is appearing while creating blog. the blog creates successfully, but this error is shown.

Maybe there are some plug-ins which effects on something negatively??

Could you please check my database tables with teamviewer? I am really in hurry and don't know if it's worth to continue working before this error is removed..

Thanks .

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

Have you checked that your folder permissions are set correctly? It's possible that your hosts have refused to allow access to the fopen function so check that as well.

Finally, you can also try disabling plugins one at a time until you find the source of the error (if it i indeed a plugin). Let us know the results of these steps and we'll be happy to assist you further.

Thanks!

• kshengelia
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Have you checked that your folder permissions are set correctly? It's possible that your hosts have refused to allow access to the fopen function so check that as well.

It's permission is 755 (and it should be according to standard WP package). But I'll ask my host if it has changed anything few days ago.

• kshengelia
    • The Incredible Code Injector

OK, now I have deleted mysql database/username, absolutely cleared "public_html", and built network again.

I believe the error was caused because of incorrect manual update, so now I need to update manually, so there are no possibilities of making same error.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya kshengelia,

Yeah, that's a lot of work and a ton of time so I'm sorry ya had to start over. I always manually update my production sites - never auto-upgrade (no matter how tempting). It's the only way to make sure everything goes correctly. Of course, regular quality backups are also a big help :slight_smile:

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.