Fundraiser, Buddypress, Marketpress, Affiliate and Membership2 without pro sites in multisite

In this project I need a multisite setup with
1. Super admin to admin one Affiliate program for network, one Fundraiser program for Network, One Marketpress Global Cart for network of sellers(sites), One Buddypress for network of users, and one M2 for all network users.

2. Site admins should have NO admin rights on Affiliate, Fundraiser, Marketpress Global Cart, Buddypress, M2.

3. .non-admin users of any site to access the one Network Affiliate program, one Fundraiser program, one Marketpress Global Cart, and one Buddypress

I initially tried Network Activation of all five plugins. Logged in as super admin and click on a subsite dashboard other then the root site and I could setup a new fundraiser, change store settings, change M2 settings , add site affiliate program in any site. Subsites did not seem to be playing as a network but as individual installs using 4 of the 5 plugins.

BuddyPress seemed to actually install the way I thought a network activated for one / all network use. There is only admin at the Network Level with the install fo buddypress. All other plugins seem to be inconsistent to the idea of a one Network.

With this collection of plugins to operate as one how should they be installed?

Affiliate - Network Activated, Root Site Activate or Any subsite activated?
Fundraiser - Network Activated, Root Site Activate or Any subsite activated?
Marketpress Global Cart - Network Activated, Root Site Activate or Any subsite activated?
M2 - Network Activated, Root Site Activate or Any subsite activated?
Buddypress - Network Activated, Root Site Activate or Any subsite activated?

I am guessing at this point:
Affiliate - Root Site Activate
Fundraiser - Root Site Activate
Marketpress Global Cart - Network Activated,
M2 - Root Site Activate and add wordpress-user-synchronization plugin
Buddypress - Network Activated

Or do I need prosites just to block subsite access to setting up m2, fundraisers and affiliate programs?
Thanks in advance.

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Lee,

. Logged in as super admin and click on a subsite dashboard other then the root site and I could setup a new fundraiser, change store settings, change M2 settings , add site affiliate program in any site.

You were able to do that because you were super admin. Super admin can do everything on main site and subsites. You need to login as admin of subsite to check how this really works for them.

You need to network activate those plugins to work as global ones:
    - Memebrship 2 Pro - add in wp-config.php

define( 'MS_PROTECT_NETWORK', true );

so M2 will work as global plugin for network.

- Affliates
    - BuddyPress

Plugins like MarketPress and Fundraiser when network activated will behave as per-site plugins on each site - so admins of those sites will be able to configure them for their sites.
    MarketPress when network activated allows you to have global cart and take commission from all the sales in your network stores when used chained payments.
    But admins of subsites will not have any access to network settings of the MarketPress - only to settings for their subsite - but it still has to be network activated for you to have a global store.

Only Fundraiser should be activated only main site if you don't want to give ability to subsites admins to create own fundraisings.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Lee,

. Logged in as super admin and click on a subsite dashboard other then the root site and I could setup a new fundraiser, change store settings, change M2 settings , add site affiliate program in any site.

You were able to do that because you were super admin. Super admin can do everything on main site and subsites. You need to login as admin of subsite to check how this really works for them.

You need to network activate those plugins to work as global ones:
    - Memebrship 2 Pro - add in wp-config.php

define( 'MS_PROTECT_NETWORK', true );

so M2 will work as global plugin for network.

- Affliates
    - BuddyPress

Plugins like MarketPress and Fundraiser when network activated will behave as per-site plugins on each site - so admins of those sites will be able to configure them for their sites.
    MarketPress when network activated allows you to have global cart and take commission from all the sales in your network stores when used chained payments.
    But admins of subsites will not have any access to network settings of the MarketPress - only to settings for their subsite - but it still has to be network activated for you to have a global store.

Only Fundraiser should be activated only main site if you don't want to give ability to subsites admins to create own fundraisings.

Let me know if you have more questions.

kind regards,
    Kasia

• Lee

Ok
    Confirming what I think I know now:

1. Network Activated Marketpress global cart is just that a cart not a store unless I set one up say in the root site or other site. Update(Global Store is created) ALL multisites then can run their own stores just that the cart will be a global cart using chain payments. Correct ? Is there any kind of auto default setup template for new stores so they don't have to figure out the config settings?

2. Buddypress seems to be already for one network in a multisite out of the box. Correct?

3. M2 i still don't understand. define( "MS_PROTECT_NETWORK", true ); This pic shows a testadmin logged into domain.tld/test site and the site admin, testadmin (not super admin), and that admin can setup memberships. I don.t want this for each site. https://snag.gy/sMSwYF.jpg

4. Affiliate shows a admin user or user an Affiliate Referrals choice on their prospective dashboards. Correct ?

5. Fundraiser is site activated for just one fundraiser program for the network. As you stated.

• Lee

Update to last message item 3:

I see that site admin can not use all the Membership2 menu items but they can see them.
    The one they can see and use is Protection Rules. https://snag.gy/elykMV.jpg

Can M2 be setup to allow just the super admin to manage the membership access to the entire network ? I don't think I want a site admin to create pages and block or allow access that might not fit with the overall network philosophy or revenue generation.

• Ash

Hello Lee

#1. There is no auto default template, subsite admin must enter their paypal information in the payment settings. Otherwise, you can try our New Blog Template plugin to create some template store and let the users choose among them.

#2. Correct.

#3. I can confirm the issue, it seems a bug to me so I am reporting this to the developer.

#4. I am not sure what you mean here, would you please rephrase?

Have a good day!

Cheers
    Ash

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.