Fundraiser Front-End and API Functions

I have read that front-end submission of Fundraisers is on the road-map, is there any timeline on this? For obvious reasons this could be a very useful feature and something that I wouldn't have to do myself then =). Also, it would be nice to have getter functions for things like levels, percent pledged, etc built into the core of the plugin. Getting them can be tricky if you don't want to dive into the code (which I am assuming most people don't). Anyways, I just wanted to ask about the front-end submission pipeline.

/* GET FUNDRAISER LEVELS
************************************************************************************/
function gs_get_levels( $post_id ) {
    global $wdf, $post;

$post_id = (empty($post_id) ? $post->ID : $post_id );
    if(!get_post($post_id))
        return;
    $meta = get_post_custom($post_id);
    $levels = false;
    if(wdf_has_rewards($post_id)) {
        if(isset($meta['wdf_levels'][0])) {            $levels = $meta['wdf_levels'];
        }
    }   

return $levels;
}
/* LITTLE CODE SNIPPET TO GET FLOAT(ish) VERSIONS OF DATA
$goal = wdf_goal( $echo = false, $post_id = $post->ID );
$raised = wdf_amount_raised( $echo = false, $post_id = $post->ID );
$time_left = wdf_time_left( $echo = false, $post_id = $post->ID, $future_bool = false );
$goal_val = preg_replace( '/[\$,]/', '', html_entity_decode( $goal ) );
$raised_val = preg_replace( '/[\$,]/', '', html_entity_decode( $raised ) );
  • aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings rfrankel,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

Thank you for the significant question, it is certainly appreciated.

I have heard news of a possible future Fundraising theme but have no confirmation to date, but we can see about getting the lead developer @Cole in here with his advice as to the possibility of a theme or a front end.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• rfrankel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Joe,
    I am not looking for a theme as much as a simple shortcode/hook/function to add a front-end Fundraiser submission to my theme. Thus allowing users to submit their own fundraisers. Thank you for trying to get the developer in here, I look forwarding to chatting with him.

Ryan

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings Ryan,

My pleasure trying to help get this resolved and thank you for your additional input explaining the shortcode/hook/function that you are looking for.

Hopefully the lead developer @Cole will be in here soon while making his rounds.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey rfrankel,

Thanks for taking some interest in our fundraising roadmap. Public fundraising submissions is in the game plan for sure. A theme will come along too but there would of course be a shortcode and php function to easily display the form.

• rfrankel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Cole,
    I think the most important priority for me would be a function/shortcode/whatever to display the front-end submission. Secondly, having getter methods for all of the details of the Fundraiser would be nice instead of having to write them myself. I included some snippets in my original e-mail for examples of what I mean. Most of that I just ripped from your code. But, for those of us that are code conscious it would be nice to have instead of an echo that still outputs HTML. If you would like, I can put together a list of useful getter methods that I would use.

Ryan

• rfrankel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Cole,
    I think the most important priority for me would be a function/shortcode/whatever to display the front-end submission. Secondly, having getter methods for all of the details of the Fundraiser would be nice instead of having to write them myself. I included some snippets in my original e-mail for examples of what I mean. Most of that I just ripped from your code. But, for those of us that are code conscious it would be nice to have instead of an echo that still outputs HTML. If you would like, I can put together a list of useful getter methods that I would use.

Ryan

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey Ryan,

Yea I would be interested to see your implementation. I have a few methods in the main class that you can call out using something like this.

<?php global $wdf; var_export($wdf->get_pledge_list($funder_id)); ?>
    That would return an array of pledges associated with a particular fundraiser.

Shoot that list over to me and lets see where we might be able to fill in the gaps.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings rfrankel,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Community Member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.