Fundraiser Plugin PayPal API Cheatsheet - No Images

Hello!

I am trying to view the photos and PNG files on this page: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/xcommerce-application-process-marketpress-fundraiser#postform
But they all have little red x's or, as is the case with the bottom list of PNGs, just lead to blank HTML pages. I am also unable to download them, as those downloads also lead to blank HTML pages. I would love to figure this out. Thanks.

• Michael Bissett

Hey Danger!awesome, Michael here! :slight_smile:

Images on the forums from around that time were lost, don't remember the exact cause, but there was an accident of some sort.

That said, in regards to getting your app set up, those instructions are from quite some time ago, and things have changed, may I ask if you've had a peek at these instructions yet:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/lifecycle/goingLive/

Those are the ones that PayPal offers. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Danger!awesome

Hi, I checked out your link to paypal - thanks for that! I think it's extremely important to have a detailed walkthrough on the wpmu side. There are a number (majority) of very specific questions broached in my post that arent explicitly covered in the paypal tutorial. And wpmu is helping us conduct important financial transactions, so I would think you would want to make sure we 1) succeed 2) don't foul up anything critical.

Please advise. Your help is greatly appreciated :slight_smile:

• Michael Bissett

Hey @management4,

I agree that having a tutorial of our own would be handy, but for right now, my question to is, what specifically are you needing help with?

You say:

There are a number (majority) of very specific questions broached in my post

But in this thread, your question thus far has been, what's the reason behind there being red X's for images here:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/xcommerce-application-process-marketpress-fundraiser#postform

So it seems that there's more to the story that I'm not aware of yet. Can you help me out here? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Danger!awesome

I'm so sorry - I think my main points must have gotten edited out of the main post. I have updated my rating of our interaction to smiley face. But I'm still way behind because your tutorials are missing crucial information:

-what makes a good title and description or are these anything we want?
    -Note: select from use case: I selected crowdsourcing/disbursements.
    -Note: services used by app: I selected basic payments->checkout/send money/parallel payments
    -Note: services used by app: I selected preapprovals->one time payments
    -QUESTION: one time payments->how should i describe preapproval terms?
    -QUESTION: what makes a good acceptable use policy and where should i put it?
    -QUESTION: who is responsible for chargebacks or refunds - what should i enter?
    -QUESTION: Invoicing->testing information - what should I enter in "step by step payment flow instructions?"
    -QUESTION: what is test url (if applicable) and where do I get "test account user name and password?"
    -QUESTION: should i upload a certificate of incorporation?

This tutorial is fundamentally unhelpful: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/Fundraiser-Usage-Doc.pdf

Please make sure your colleagues stop referencing it. Thanks!

Thanks

• Michael Bissett

Hey Danger!awesome, thanks for your patience here! :slight_smile:

For some of this, I'd advise contacting PayPal itself, but addressing your points here:

-what makes a good title and description or are these anything we want?

Have the title reflect the purpose (e.g. My Fundraising App), and have the description describe what the app does, and what permissions are required. Since preapprovals are being made (for authorizing donations before the goal is reached, and that the charge is only made when the fundraising goal is reached), an indication of that should be made in the description.

-Note: select from use case: I selected crowdsourcing/disbursements.

This would look to be the correct option, from my own look at their application form (double checking with them still wouldn't hurt, though).

-Note: services used by app: I selected basic payments->checkout/send money/parallel payments

-Note: services used by app: I selected preapprovals->one time payments

Only the Preapprovals box would need to be checked here, the Basic Payments box should be left unchecked.

-QUESTION: what makes a good acceptable use policy and where should i put it?

As for what makes a good acceptable use policy, that'd be something you'd want to contact PayPal about (will mention how a bit later). As for where to post it, they're asking for a link to a page on your site where it's posted, so once you've got one written, you'd create a page for it, post it there, and then give them the link to it.

-QUESTION: one time payments->how should i describe preapproval terms?

This also would be something you'd want to ask PayPal about.

-QUESTION: who is responsible for chargebacks or refunds - what should i enter?

You could say "Merchant" here.

-QUESTION: what is test url (if applicable) and where do I get "test account user name and password?"

They're wanting to know where they can test out your checkout process (in this case, your fundraiser's donation page, and the process required to submit a preapproval payment).

As for the username & password, if your site needs to be logged into in order to make a donation, provide them in the "Supply Test Account Name and Password" field. Otherwise, enter "not applicable".

-QUESTION: Invoicing->testing information - what should I enter in "step by step payment flow instructions?"

In this circumstance, they're asking this:

"How can we make a donation on your site, so that we can preauthorize a donation to a fundraiser?"

The answer to that question is what you'd enter in this field.

-QUESTION: should i upload a certificate of incorporation?

If you've got it, I would think it to help your case here, they're not explicitly asking for it, though.

As for the contacting of PayPal, while this address does come up:

compliance@paypal.com

Over in this help article of theirs:

https://developer.paypal.com/docs/classic/lifecycle/crowdfunding/

You may wish to contact them via the normal page (as that compliance address touches on other fundraising models):

https://www.paypal.com/selfhelp/home

Kind Regards,
    Michael

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.