We have the Fundraiser plugin (very nice) configured on this subsite
http://www.soobahkdofoundation.org
of a multisite installation
http://www.soobahkdo.biz

One donor made a donation and received the following email:

Subject: Thank you for your Donation
Date: 2012-09-09 18:16
To: donor@donoremailaddress.com

Thank you for your pledge. Your donation of $150.00 has been recieved and is greatly appreciated. Thanks for your support.

(FYI: The donor's email address is an admin email of the site if that matters)

This message needs to NOT say Wordpress and the from email address needs to be the subsite admin email address i.e. treasurer@soobahkdofoundation.org (or another from email address configured in the fundraiser plugin settings - which I see no option to do)

And the message content needs to be customized.

Where can these changes be made?

Thanks!
Phil D

aecnu

Greetings SooBahkDo,

Thank you for bringing this significant item to our attention, it is certainly appreciated.

I believe that it is getting that email address and "Title" from the regular WordPress email designations.

I believe the answer for this is the WP Better Emails plugin in which lets you also set your own sender name and email address.

Please advise if this does the job for us.

Cheers, Joe

SooBahkDo

Hi Joe,

Correct, the "from" email address and the subject line of the email are the main issues.

I installed the WP Better Emails plugin, but as I configured it, it appears to send only one outbound message and the fundraiser plugin allows each fundraiser to send a customized message for that particular fundraiser.

Does the WP Better Emails plugin override the individual emails per fundraiser?

Thanks,
    Phil D

aecnu

Greetings Phil D,

Thank you for your additional feedback, it is appreciated.

I do not know because personally, I was going by their description in which lets you also set your own sender name and email address. which is the goal here from my understanding.

Have you indeed seen if it affects other emails like those sent by Fundraising?

I know it does the registration from WordPress or Pro Sites.

Or do I need to work on a different solution for us?

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

SooBahkDo

Hi Joe,

Before I respond as to what WP Better Emails is or is not doing, a few things...

First of all, it seems that including an option to specify the "from" email address per fundraiser could be an included feature in the fundraiser plugin and if it was we would have avoided this support request, an extra learning curve, more plugins, testing multiple scenarios and executing multiple test payments just to figure out how the additional plugin is behaving with the fundraiser plugin, etc, etc.

We would not be having this exchange and I would not need to be testing additional plugins and scenarios if such a feature were included.

After all, each fundraiser might have a different point person or lead organizer and emails about each specific fundraiser should be able to include the appropriate "from" email address related to that point person or coordinator. We have 12 fundraisers under way with 12 different team leaders and their emails need to be associated with each of their fundraisers.

Sooooooooooooo I would like to request that a custom "from" email feature be added so the "from" email address can be set per fundraiser. I also want to go on record that as a relatively pleased WPMUDEV dues paying member for several years now, I have requested some minor modifications to several plugins over the years (i.e. changing the the placement position of shared ads on two plugins, etc.) and so far no request submitted has been honored even after multiple submissions. I am just saying...

Second, is it intentional that the fundraiser shortcode button that appears on the posts and pages editor does NOT appear on the fundraiser page editor? If so, why?

Here are my results:

Scenario 1) When I select the option to send a thank you email and WP Better Emails turned OFF, then following a user's donation payment the user is returned from PayPal to the fundraiser Thank You page and they receive an email from the site displaying the "from" email address as "Wordpress" from admin@soobahkdobiz.com (network admin email).

Scenario 2) When I select the option to send a thank you email and WP Better Emails is turned ON, then following a user's donation payment the user is returned from PayPal to the fundraiser Thank You page and they receive an email displaying the "from" email "name" and email address as set in WP Better Emails.

So in conclusion, the "from" email "name" and email address does change successfully for us when WP Better Emails is turned ON; however, we still cannot customize the "from" names and "from" emails addresses per fundraiser, so I am still formally requesting a custom "from" email "name" and email address feature per fundraiser be added ..... before I am old and gray.

Thanks,
    Phil D

Patrick

Hi @SooBahkDo,

Just checking if this issue was eventually resolved in another thread? Or by yourself separately to us? Or by us over email with you? Or using our live support?

If so, no need to reply, that’s great news.

If not, or you have any more questions related to this thread, please feel free to post them below including any new symptoms or errors and tick the ‘Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)’ box below the post area (or else we’ll miss it!)

Otherwise, happy days, glad you got it sorted

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

SooBahkDo

Hello,

We discovered that WP Better Emails accomplishes the goal of modifying the outbound email address per sub-site plus "prettifying" the site emails that users receive.

However, it does not play well with SB Welcome Email Editor Version 3.4 | By Sean Barton. When both are active WP Better Emails changes the outbound email address recipients see; however, the HTML outbound email feature of WP Better Emails is negated by SB Welcome Email Editor.

We had SB Welcome Email Editor active network wide when the issue above was reported, but in order to give each site admin the ability to set the originating email for their site, we deactivated SB Welcome Email Editor in favor of WP Better Emails.

If SB Welcome Email Editor provided the feature for changing the originating email address (or am I overlooking that it does??) it might be a superior choice as it allows modification of the body content of several different outbound site level email messages and provides data merging capabilities.

We also tested the pro version of WP Email Template PRO Version 1.0.0 | By A3 Revolution and while it features some HTML nice editor features, it does not appear to allow changing the originating site email address and it does not appear to allow changing the body content of different site email messages.

If someone combined the features of these three plugins into one that would be a great combo plugin for managing outbound site emails.

Phil D