Fundraising 2.0-RC-1 feedback

Hi Cole,

Thanks for the new release!

Here are my quick feedback.

It is great to have the Advance Crowdfunding feature as an option.

Feedback 1
Can we also make the "simple donation" back to the same as the original version 1? To allow setting goal, levels, but do not lock-it as the "Advance". The reasons are:
1. Sometimes we need to set a goal, and levels/rewards for simple donation to motivate people, but we also want the fund to be released immediately (instead of holding it to the end), and we also may want to change the goals/date and levels from time to time (so do not lock it for simple donation).
2. If anybody doesn't need that, he just leaves it as the default, which is no goal/levels.

Version 1 doesn't show # of days left, we would need that if a goal is set for simple donation.

Feedback 2
Now on the donation page, we have a link that directs people to the "pledge" checkout page. Is there special reason for that? I like the way in version 1, where everything is in one page, it is easier to donation. Now I have to go to a second page.

In version 1, I can just enter a number or choose a level and click donate now, I will be taken to the PayPal page. Less clicks = more donations. (see screenshot below)

1 page vs. 2 pages: 100% clicks increased :slight_smile: LOL

Feedback 3
How to show: # of people donated?

Feedback 4
Simple donation has an option to choose Panel Position. Can we add that to Advanced Crowdfunding?

Thank you :slight_smile:

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey winning,

Thanks for the thorough feedback as always.

1. The reasons separating the simple donations and the goals and rewards system had more to do with payment gateway concerns. I think keeping reward levels in simple donations could be reasonable. I'll see about including this in any upcoming hot-fixes.

2. Simple fundraisers should have the checkout inputs that forward you straight to paypal instead of the link to the pledge page. Is this not the case?
    The pledge page was needed as a payment gateway form for the addition of certain other gateways (authorize.net etc).

3. How are you wanting to display the # of pledges? short-code, template function?

4. Good catch I will get this adjusted quickly.

Thanks!

Cole

• winning

3. How are you wanting to display the # of pledges? short-code, template function?

Just have "# of people donated" near "___ days left" would be good. Even better, the backend provides options to show or not show a certain thing.

2. Simple fundraisers should have the checkout inputs that forward you straight to paypal instead of the link to the pledge page. Is this not the case?
    The pledge page was needed as a payment gateway form for the addition of certain other gateways (authorize.net etc).

See screenshot below. Simple donation has a link to the check out page. If this is not required by the gateway, it would be better to keep everything on one page to minimize the number of clicks. (see the nice layout of version 1 in the first thread above.

Thank you!

• bayareamarketingmedia
    • Flash Drive

BP/multisite/3.31 all latest versions

Saving a fundraiser fails:
    Fatal error: Cannot use string offset as an array in /home/xxxx/public_html/wp-content/plugins/fundraising/fundraiser.php on line 903

Not Membership Compatible
    Also, not compatible with Membership using IPN for advanced Paypal. Right after installing the plugin, it showed a bunch of pledges, that were actually payments in Membership. I'm not sure if you can get more than one IPN number from Paypal.

I'm hoping this compatibility gets fixed....this is a big one, for us.

Thanks!

• Cole

@winning - The extra steps for paypal will be fixed shortly. I hear you on the other shortcodes, I still want to spend some time on building these out a bit more. Thanks for the input.

@bayareamarketingmedia - Does the save fail happen every time or only in certain instances, also is it a fundraiser made pre 2.0?

Thanks for informing me about membership, luckily I'm already familiar with the system so we can get this fixed up. Which paypal gateway specifically do you have turned on in membership? Single payments or express checkout? I would guess single eh?

• defecto
    • New Recruit

Quick question: I was speaking with a sales rep from paypal to get my transaction limit lifted to a higher number and they asked me what my app was doing? I explained to them I was building a crowd funding site... After some details I was told that with pre-approvals I would not be able to store the transactionID's for longer then 30 days.

Is this true?

I was looking at the API code for pre-approval's and I read that the pre-approval's can be valid up to 1year of setting the end date.

What is the cmd's being sent to paypal and is their any documentation for the app it self?

• bayareamarketingmedia
    • Flash Drive

@ColeS -

@bayareamarketingmedia - Does the save fail happen every time or only in certain instances, also is it a fundraiser made pre 2.0?

This was happening every time for a brand-new install, new fund-raiser item.

Thanks for informing me about membership, luckily I'm already familiar with the system so we can get this fixed up. Which paypal gateway specifically do you have turned on in membership? Single payments or express checkout? I would guess single eh?

PayPal Express - with Subscriptions

• epilepsycf
    • Flash Drive

I am trying to implement this plugin for a donation site, mothers-kiss.com and am using the Gleam theme from ElegantThemes which is Ajax driven. I noticed that there was an ajax string in the IPN url and donations are not showing up in the fundraiser page. I think it is an obvious conflict with the theme, but does anyone have any suggestions as to how I may fix this?

• Cole

Hey epilepsycf,

What version of the plugin are you on? Could you make sure your on the new 2.1 version? An ajax driven theme and the IPN url shouldn't have any conflicts. What kind of payment types do you have enabled standard or advanced?

• epilepsycf
    • Flash Drive

Well, you are able to resend the IPN - just look at how many times I have had Paypal resend just to test it. I have tried every configuration I can possibly think of, like I said, with only the default theme activated and only this plugin. Where can I view IPN debugging?

• Cole

Ok so if you feel comfortable working with ftp and code changes you can add the following line to /fundraising/lib/gateways/paypal.php around line: 234 just inside the function handle_ipn() {

wp_mail('youremail@email.com','PayPal Debugging', var_export($_REQUEST,true));

So if you send the IPN and you don't receive an email we know the something might not be linked up with the server correctly. If you do receive the email, could you forward it over to cole@incsub.com so I can see what the issue might be.

Alternatively if your not as comfortable working with code changes and such, I would be happy to take a quick look at your installation, just shoot me an email. cole@incsub.com

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings epilepsycf,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.