Fundraising 2.1.9 RC

Hey everyone.

I have a new Fundraising 2.1.9 Release Candidate but due to the changes I made I want to make sure there are no errors before it is made final.

Here are the changes outlined in changelog.txt
= 2.1.9 =
Fundraising slug now functional with multisite subdirectory.
Fundraiser menu ancestry now works properly when using menus in your theme.
Fixed problem concerning per checkout types breaking panel display.
Adjusted all concatenated translation strings to sprintf() strings.

If you are so inclined please post any problems, questions etc.

• thisisafakename
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Kinda SOLVED
    ERROR:Tried to pledge for a fundraiser with no goal and got this message:

There was a problem connecting with the paypal gateway. (CODE)580025 The start date must be earlier than the end date

in PayPal sandbox mode

Update: tested to pleadge for projekt with goal set and it worked. So the error appears only on fundraisers with NO GOAL set.

Update: created a brand new fundraiser with no goal set and could pledge without an error

• thisisafakename

SOLVED!
    ERROR: Navigation highlighting works for the archive page but not for the individual fundraiser page.

The fundraiser archive page is a top menu item in my heade nav. When I navigate to a single fundraiser I expect that the menu item for the fundraiser archive page is highlighted.

UPDATE: Not sure what changed but it works fine now ... maybe a cache problem.

• thisisafakename

PROBLEM / QUESTION:

I just learned that I can not see which "Level / Reward" was chosen by the pleadger. This seems a bit dangerous to me. He can choose and therefore has a clear expectation. What if
    - a donation is made without a reward chosen
    - a donation is made with a smaller reward chosen (Cole, you mentioned that case yourself)

The admin panel HAS TO list the reward level chosen by the user for each pleadge! Does everybody agree?

Thanks and cheers, Alex

• thisisafakename

The fundraiser style should cover the 'checkout' and 'thank you' page too. Its one workflow, so there is no reason to apply any style only to one of the 3 pages.

My guess was that they also have no css applied when I have the stetting:
    "Choose a default display style: None (custom css)"

What do you think?

• thisisafakename

PROBLEM / QUESTION:

I just learned that I can not see which "Level / Reward" was chosen by the pleadger. This seems a bit dangerous to me. He can choose and therefore has a clear expectation. What if
    - a donation is made without a reward chosen
    - a donation is made with a smaller reward chosen (Cole, you mentioned that case yourself)

The admin panel HAS TO list the reward level chosen by the user for each pleadge! Does everybody agree?

Ok, its not that easy because I just learned that a user can click on a $5 radio button and then donate $2. So the whole concept seems not thought thru. The system can allow to raise the amount but not to lower it >> in case when a reward level is chosen.

The "none" option would be the "custom amount without a reward" option. One might also argue that this option should be active as default when the page loads, as we are talking radio buttons here :wink:

• Argancel
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hello Cole,

I agree with AlexJS, we should really have a way to know which level the donator has chosen, and also not let him donate less than what he has chosen..

Actually I thought it was included to the plugin when I purchased,

If it is not solved soon, I will have to sort it out myself. So this is a very important point to me.

Thanks

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

Hi @Cole @AlexJS @Argancel

I will be glad to test the plugin, i have been following other threads on it waiting for an update. :smiley:

On another note:
    I am tracking down a forum bug! If you answer the following questions I will give you 5 points. I only ask because the “Be notified of follow-up posts via email” was not auto marked for me on this thread.

1. Was the “Be notified of follow-up posts via email” box auto marked for you when you first posted this thread?

2. Is the “Be notified of follow-up posts via email” auto marked now?

3. Did you receive an email notifying you of any response to this thread?

4. Did you receive an email notifying you of my response?

5. Did you post your question in the forums or through your WPMU Dev dashboard?

6. What browser are you using?

Remeber! 5 points to every one above this post who answers these questions.

Thanks Fella's

• thisisafakename

1. I remember that I found it weird that it is not auto marked when I post in the forum. it was never auto marked. Not sure if that was still true on my first post here since it seems there was a change as it is now auto marked.
    2. it is auto marked now
    3. yes, I did
    4. yes, too
    5. I use the forum, never the dashboard
    6. newest firefox and chrome

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@Cole
    I see one a single site install I am limited to one PayPal account!

On a multisite install can I use different PayPal accounts for each campaign?

Also I do not see how to make the event recycle every month. Is this possible, or say

recycle every 28 days?

Thanks Cole

• thisisafakename

My experience is that you could have
    - have one paypal account for "Simple Donations"
    - and another one for "Advanced Crowdfunding"
    but never different once for each fundraiser (on a single site).

With WP MS you could have one site per fundraiser but this would mean you need to activate and configure the plugin separately for each site.

In the manual I found the place to allow recurring donations. See attachement. I can not see that the admin can set a fix recurring timeframe and I would also argue that it only supports daily/weekly/monthly/yearly donations (this is what I remember from translating the plugin and what paypal offers for subscriptions).

If this was helpful shoot a point :wink:

• mark dale
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

So, if I wanted to run a kickstarter style site, using Multisite, with each project having their own site, and the project owner being able to update their site themselves.
    Is it possible to set the Paypal payment to come to our business, then we manage the %age fees from that, and distribute to the project owner afterwards?
    Or, would the project owner potentially be able to alter the paypal address so they get the funds themselves and avoid our management fees? - any pointers as to how to manage this would be great - Thanks

• thisisafakename

I would guess there are 2 options out of the box

> restrict access to the fundraising plugin
    >> problem: then you have to manage the content of the fundraiser too as the user can not see/access the plugin to do anything

> allow access to the fundraising plugin
    >>problem: the user can change the settings

User = fundraising project owner with own website under the WP MS umbrella
    You = WP MS admin

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Sorry for the delay in reponse everyone, been out of pocket for the past 2 days.

@Argancel - I should be able to easily display a chosen level in the donation post. I will see if I can get that setup in time to release with this.

@MTB1701 - unfortunately for the time being you'll need to configure separate installs to gain access to different paypal accounts. Front end fundraising creation is in the works as we speak. No solid timeline though sorry.

@mark dale - % fees and such are tricky. You can't use pre-approval payments in conjunction with split payments so you have to sacrifice one for the other. I have some good ideas on how to handle this in the future but will require some vigorous testing. Also you could use remove_submenu_page(.....) to remove the settings page from subsite installs.

@AlexJS - thanks for helping folks out, and posting the errors above. Got those adjusted.

• Mark Wallace
    • Learn-ing-er

@Cole

@MTB1701 - unfortunately for the time being you'll need to configure separate installs to gain access to different paypal accounts. Front end fundraising creation is in the works as we speak. No solid timeline though sorry.

Do you mean install a fresh WP every time, or can it be installed multiple times on the same multisite?

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.