Fundraising admin navigation issues

Hey there...

Installed the fundraising plugin yesterday. Of course I'm using Thesis... And of course.. the fundraising plugin causes an issue with Thesis.. I've just come to accept it...:slight_smile: When you activate the fundraising plugin... the thesis menu disappears. Turn it off.. and Thesis is back. Kind of funny.. Both with OZH admin menu installed and the plain WP admin menu....

Any ideas? Happy to give you a login if that would help..I know some fo you use Thesis.. try installing it on one of your sites... I'd love to know you get the same problem or if the conflict is with some other plugin already installed.

Thanks,

John

• aecnu

Greetings John,

Thank you so very much for your feedback and letting us know the symptoms you are experiencing in Thesis combined with the Fundraising plugin.

To see what is happening first hand I think I will see if I can get the lead developer in here and possibly have him take a look - sending log in credentials directly to him.

This may take a bit longer then a regular ticket to get resolved, but we will do our best to try to get it sorted out.

As for me personally, I will add this theme to the others on the list that I will be sure NOT to install on my WordPress MultiSites which would be to date now Thesis, Genesis, and Salutations.

I shall now ping the developer so that he can see we are in need of his input here.

Cheers, Joe :slight_smile:

• johnetec

Joe... Not sure why you would do that... Thesis works fine with Multi-site and in my opinion is the best theme to work with overall. And Yes.. I'm used to some of the other support peeps who all share the laugh with me. Thesis is an awesome theme but it seems to always have some conflicts with the WPMU plugins.. mainly because of the way it handles files...Anyway.. please have a lead dev shoot me a note. I'll send login info.

TY

John

• aecnu

Greetings John,

Thank you for your sharing your experience with Thesis and WPMU plugins.

I did not mean to sound abrasive and should have clarified my thoughts more since I had chose to share them at the time.

These three themes all seem to have problems with or conflicts with, as you described, WPMU plugins.

This is precisely why I do not want to use them or introduce them into my personal WPMU plugin heavy network to avoid these problems.

However, I probably should not have been thinking out loud since my personal thoughts are totally irrelevant to getting your issues handled - which is indeed the mission at hand. My apologies.

Cheers, Joe

• bigwilly84028

I think I found the answer to this:

I also found that Thesis seems to conflict with a plugin I am trying to use from WPMU. As a PHP coder, I poked around in the Thesis admin.php file, and found the answer to why my thesis menu was overwriting the WPMU plugin menu that is trying to be created. The problem is only surface level, as the WPMU plugin is still active and working even though the menu button is not showing in the admin. On about line 27 of the admin.php file for Thesis, we find these lines:

if (version_compare($wp_version, '2.9', '>='))
    $menu[30] = array('', 'read', 'separator-thesis', '', 'wp-menu-separator');

Simply comment this whole section out as follows:

/* if (version_compare($wp_version, '2.9', '>='))
    $menu[30] = array('', 'read', 'separator-thesis', '', 'wp-menu-separator'); */

And Voila! Now the all menus show up like they should. My guess is that the lines we commented out are trying to sort the menu order and add a separator after the thesis menu somehow, and in the process upsetting the normal flow of menu creation for the other plugins. Hope this helps. Cheers.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.