Fundraising config with X.com application

Ive got a totally vanilla install of fundraising with Pro Sites on multisites. Configuring the PayPal side of things with X.com and getting the application approved is a bit of a nightmare for me. They're asking for specific use case scenarios and workflow diagrams and a whole bunch of stuff that I don't exactly know because I am unfamiliar with all the features of the plugin, still.

Anyone complete an application yet to get their app ID with x.com yet? Anyone care to share more technical workflow and process documents and whatnot for a purely vanilla install of Fundraiser in a multisites environment? Without this, I don't believe it can process payments and thus a lot of other members will benefit from the information when they try to set up an identical environment.

Note that I am trying to make all projects an "all or nothing" type of payment completion. However, in multisites, that detail is also specific to the user so a usecase for all or nothing as well as "as collected" is probably helpful.

Do use cases also need to be prepared for each level? Ie with the Prosites module? Any insight is appreciated by anyone that has gone through this successfully!

• aecnu

Greetings mpivon,

Thank you for this great question and a significant item to bring up.

The below link is where Kimberly gives great information this process:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/setting-up-the-xcom-app#post-218973

Though this information has gotten other members through the process, let us now how you are making out with it after reviewing and applying what you have learned from it to your individual x.xom application.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• Mark

Thanks for the quick reply. I saw that already, as well as some of the stuff related to the Simple Donations plugin, as well as the Membership and Marketplace plugins. I attempted to follow the instructions as closely as possible, but the application was punted back to me asking for more information.

Here's what I am asking for:

- When you guys developed the "Fundraiser" plugin, you presumably had requirements documents and use case scenarios constructed to follow the workflow and document the integration points of the plugin. If so, can you share this?

- If you do not have this, then maybe there's a user manual or something? Probably not, since it's not immediately apparent on the site. In which case, I'll probably have to create something like this. Which, of course, I will share...

But, of course, if anyone else has had success in completing the X.COM application process, I'm all ears... (or, eyes, in this case...)

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings mpivon,

Thank you for your additional input and questions in which I do not have the answer for since I personally have not gone through the x.com process myself for the Fundraising plugin.

Therefore I am going to turn this over to a higher authority to answer these questions and give us some guidance for getting through this process by seeing about getting the lead developer of the Fundraising plugin in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin to offer his advice/advise us how to get through this process.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• Cole

Hey mpivon,

Thanks for posting about your experience with x.com's approval process. They seem to vary wildly from member to member so its good to see the different questions people get. Another of our support gurus @KimberlyL is helping me get together updated information regarding the whole process. Would it be possible to send some of your correspondence with PayPal specifically the questions regarding the work flow and such? Obviously please remove any confidential information from the emails and send them to cole@incsub.com

After I read those I can get a better grasp of what they are looking for and I will work something up to post here to you and also include as documentation with the upcoming release.

Thanks so much.

• Mark

Yup.
    I figured you might ask for that.

Here's my experience (sterilized for the community). I also included screen snags of my online application form for reference.

===============================
    Hi and Thank You for your Submission,

Before we can proceed with our review, we have some questions for you:

1. In order to approve your app for live API usage, we will need to test the payment flow against our Sandbox test environment. I have logged in to the test site using the username & password provided, but i don't see a 'test project' there that i can support in order to test the payment flow. If you could provide this, i would appreciate it.

>> NOTE TO WPMUDEV: HAVE BEEN HUNTING AROUND FOR A USER MANUAL SOMEWHERE BECAUSE IT'S BEEN A MODEST CHALLENGE CONFIGURING THE SITE CORRECTLY. I'M TRYING TO ACTUALLY DUMB THINGS DOWN A LOT FOR USERS; THERE'S A TREMENDOUS AMOUNT OF FUNCTIONALITY THERE. I'M WORKING ON GIVING THEM AN EASY TO USE, STREAMLINED TEST TO WALK THROUGH.

2. As you are using Preapprovals which is an advanced API, we will need to conduct a Business Review. Can you attach a Cert. of Incorporation or similar document showing your company as a registered business entity please?

NOTE TO WPMU: OOPS. SOMETHING TO NOTE. NOT A PLUGIN FOR HOBBYISTS, THAT'S FOR SURE. OR IS THERE A WAY TO SIMPLIFY THINGS?

3. As Crowdfunding is a heavily regulated area, could you answer the following questions please. Your best guesses or estimates will suffice:

NOTE TO WPMU: HEAVILY REGULATED? OH BOY. NOT MY IDEA OF FUN. I DON'T WANT TO VIOLATE ANY LAWS BY ACCIDENT HERE. PERHAPS THIS IS TOO ADVANCED A PLUGIN FOR THE WPMU GENERAL COMMUNITY?

a. Will the projects on your platform collect cross-border payments? Please specify the exact countries you expect to accept payments and projects from.

NOTE TO WPMU: WELL, LOOKS LIKE A VETTING PROCESS IS NECESSARY IN THE PLUGIN TO RESTRICT ACCESS OR USER SIGNUPS TO A SPECIFIC COUNTRY - OTHERWISE, IT COULD MAKE THINGS MUCH MORE DIFFICULT

b. Do Donors receive any reward or gain for donations? If so, can you give us examples of what these would be please (expected rewards and values would be fine)?

>>> NEW SITE. SURE. I GUESS. HOW THE HECK DO I KNOW??

c. What is the expected dollar amount per project?

>>> NO IDEA. ANY INPUT HERE?

d. What is the maximum contribution allowed? Please note that PayPal would require a maximum contribution limit of $2,000.

e. What will be the typical timeframe of the projects?

f. With regard to the Number of Projects per fundraiser, Projects per fundraiser per year, Number of projects a donor can support at any one time & the Number of times a donor can support one project, could you give us your best guess on the expected values of these please?

g. Do you have any internal processes for Anti Money Laundering monitoring or Project Vetting?

>>> WHAT???? NO IDEA. ANY INPUT HERE?

h. What types of projects is your platform aimed at?

>>> NO IDEA. ANY INPUT HERE? IT'S AN MU INSTALL, SO IT'S DEPENDENT UPON WHOEVER SIGNS UP. BUT I WAS INITIALLY THINKING SMALL BUSINESS AND CHARITY

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.