Fundraising Configuration and Shortcodes

I am trying to setup Fundraiser to use a page template and I'm having a little trouble with shortcodes.

First I want to setup fundraiser to use a page template instead of the standard layout. I copied my page.php and renamed it wdf_funder.php but I assume there is some code I need to add to this template in order for it to work. Where would I find that code? Also top level for fundraiser seems to use the blog post template when listing all the fundraisers. I'd like to edit that template as well, to remove things like author and comments, can I make a template for that page as well?

Secondly when using the shortcode generator it is not displaying either of the 2 fundraisers I have setup. Under Fundraiser form and Progress Bar where it says Choose a Fundraiser its empty. But the two fundraiser show up on the main page listing and the widget.

Thanks!

• aecnu

Greetings BlakiceMG,

Thank you for these great questions and significant items to bring up.

I copied my page.php and renamed it wdf_funder.php but I assume there is some code I need to add to this template in order for it to work. Where would I find that code?

You are way ahead of me on custom coding for this plugin, but I think the answer about coding would be in the original file.

I'd like to edit that template as well, to remove things like author and comments, can I make a template for that page as well?

This I do not know about though I would think so and I would remove the coding that renders the author and comments from the page.

Secondly when using the shortcode generator it is not displaying either of the 2 fundraisers I have setup.

Please post the URL for the page where the short code should be working and I will see about the lead developer giving us a hand on this one.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• BlakiceMG

Thanks for getting back to me.

You are way ahead of me on custom coding for this plugin, but I think the answer about coding would be in the original file.

This I do not know about though I would think so and I would remove the coding that renders the author and comments from the page.

Which file would that be, if you can point me in the direction of the correct file I'm sure I can figure out the snippets to pull

Please post the URL for the page where the short code should be working and I will see about the lead developer giving us a hand on this one.

This is on the admin side while using the visual editor, its not front end. I can create an account for you if you like.

• aecnu

Greetings BlakiceMG,

Thank you for the additional input, it is certainly appreciated.

Which file would that be, if you can point me in the direction of the correct file I'm sure I can figure out the snippets to pull

This is a tough one that I spent almost an hour trying to figure out ... lol

I found that on my test production site that the language used or whom the fundraiser is posted by is dependent on the theme.

There are no comments on my test installation too as demonstrated on my test production server.

Therefore I will see if I can get the lead developer in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin for his advice/advise for us.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will try to get him in here asap.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings BlakiceMG,

Just got back off vacation and found that this ticket had not yet been visited by the lead developer.

Therefore I will ping him again in an attempt to get his eyeball on this reported issue.

I apologize for the delay in a response here and hope that the lead developer is able to shed some light on this issue and offer some of his typically invaluable advice on how to proceed.

Sincerely, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings BlakiceMG,

Thank you for your additional input to include the screen shots, it is certainly appreciated.

The screen shots you gave indeed tell a lot and you and I have indeed either found a bug in the plug or a bug in the manual and I am not sure of the intended use, so of course I will go after the lead developer on this so that we may get this clarified and one of the two items fixed, either the manual or the plugin and possibly both.

The manual clearly states: We can Display a Fundraiser, Pledge Options or a Progress Bar for any Fundraiser we have created!

From my first screenshot below shows my two fundraisers, both two different types, one donations and the other crowd funding.

The second shows my shortcodes screen in which ONLY the crowd funding fundraiser shows up and that is why I suspect you do not see them because your are using donations and my donation fundraiser does not show up as well.

Therefore I am escalating this ticket to the lead developer that this is either a bug in the manual and this feature is ONLY for crowd funding events or the plugin has a bug in it not showing the donations fundraisers.

Thank you again for the screen shots which have led me to the point of being able to figure out exactly what you were referring to and to confirm the bug in one of the two aforementioned items.

Please hold tight while we get clarification that either the manual is wrong ~or~ the plug has a bug.

I will try to get the lead developer in here asap.

Sincerely, Joe

• Cole

There is a check for reward goals which I have no idea why it is in there.

I have one other potential bug I want to address before I push another hot-fix update so here is a manual fix for now before you update next.

fundraiser.php line: 1426
    change...

<?php if(wdf_has_goal($funder->ID) != false) : ?>
    	<option value="<?php echo $funder->ID; ?>"><?php echo $funder->post_title ?></option>
    <?php endif; ?>

to..
    <option value="<?php echo $funder->ID; ?>"><?php echo $funder->post_title ?></option>

Let me know if you have any trouble with this.

• aecnu

Greetings BlakiceMG,

Thanks again for your earlier input and screen shots which gave me just the ammunition I needed to go after this issue with Cole and working together Cole has shown above he has indeed found the issue and has given the code change necessary to fix this issue.

You can manually make the change ~or~ wait for the next release coming up very soon which has this issue covered in it.

Thanks again for working with me to get this issue resolved @BlakiceMG and @Cole.

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.