Fundraising CSS

I cannot seem to find relevant information to affect the CSS for the Fundraising plug-in on my site. For some reason, no matter what I do, I cannot enable the "dark" CSS style you have created or display the fundraising info at the top of the page. I'm assuming that my Karma Theme CSS is taking priority. Any solution here?

I have tried using the shortcode and have come close to what I'm looking for via http://wordpress.evangelyze.net/products/smartclass/ as the default page for the fundraiser is apparently using the Blog template and looks really bad. See http://wordpress.evangelyze.net/fundraisers/smartclass/ for an example.

Thanks

• Kimberly

jschurman

Thanks for using WPMUdev forums :slight_smile:

You might be well served by creating a child theme to customize here.
    http://codex.wordpress.org/Child_Themes

Also, using an inspect tool like Firebug will help you to pinpoint which items in your theme css are controlling the things you are seeing.

Sometimes themes don't play nice and their settings can override anything and everything. This is a great way to have your theme and still get what you want :slight_smile:

Best,

Kimberly

• Fred Bear

Hello there Kimberly and Cole. I just wanted to jump in on this thread........... no real questions, just comment.

Not only am I new member to your association, I am also a new WordPress user. One of the reasons that I opted for this plugin (Fundraising) was the screenshot presented in the description of what this tool would do, how it would look and its attendant PayPal features.

Like Jschurman, I too am very interested in the CSS styling and formatting of this plugin and I note the contribution from Kimberly to Jschurman regarding the Child Theme option.

However, I think that the professional contributors need to keep in mind the various degrees of competency and experience within the WordPress fraternity. Whilst I will attempt to modify css stylesheets and php code, I did expect this plugin to have more styling features within the application itself.

Again, I take on board Cole's comment regarding some anticipated styling upgrades/fixes for future releases. Whilst I look forward to this new addition with excitement, can I just add a pointer: Where any coding/styling is proffered, can you please bear in mind that WordPress users cover a wide range of expertise?

I personally would like to see some examples of what can be achieved in terms of layout, colours and even scripts/files, and how those files can be invoked/implemented into the users' themes.

This plugin is exactly what I need for my site (locally hosted at the moment), so I am willing to wait for things to be ironed out. But in the meantime, I'd like to practice with the features and presentation.

Fond regards,
    Fred.

• Kimberly

@Fred, welcome to WPMUdev forums!

I understand and agree with your sentiments. We do try to make everything as compatible as we can with other themes, however it sometimes just will not work because of code variations from product to product. Also, we can't always figure in for what everyone wants. It's so easy to start building websites now on wordpress, using wonderful tools like ours and many others, that some tend to forget the complexity that goes into the construction of these tools. Everyone wants something different and they all want it to look exactly the way they envisioned. Most don't care that it was created to work on a basic theme and not something with 3 layers of framework. That's when the customization comes in and that's when it's expected that you will have to meet the curve and make the changes you want yourself (like you seem to be doing! kudos!)

If you want to start poking around and looking at what's in all the css stuff you can download a nifty tool called Firebug. It helps me often determine what I'm looking at as far as css goes :slight_smile:

@BlueGoat welcome to you as well :slight_smile:

I do not have an ETA on a release. So sorry, we usually avoid giving out time estimates as they do not always work out and do not want to dissapoint those who plan around them.

I don't believe that there is a theme that comes with this plugin, but it's not hard to adjust. I will be here to help when it's time!

• BlueGoat

KimberlyL,

I purchased the Grido theme so I'm trying to get fundraising plugin to actively work in Grido theme. I'm total newb to WPMU in general so I do not fully understand how to actually get the Fundraising plugin to work in theme I purchased. If I make a test fundraising post in Fundraising plugin will it automatically appear as a post on Grido theme? Do I have to do some extra custom development to actually get the fundraising plugin to work? This is dilemma I'm trying to figure out. :disappointed:

• Fred Bear

@KimberlyL, thanks for your reply.

It seems to me as a new member on this forum, that there are MANY threads with concerns and issues surrounding the SAME topic. I am finding it increasingly difficult to find the information I need without performing a 'plugin forum' search for the respective text or topic, but ultimatley finding a duplication of information.

Can some thought be given to categorising these threads? For instance if some wanted to find solutions to CSS and styling, they could find the information in the CSS/styling category. Similarly for the PayPal/Amazon payments category, plugin bugs category, etc.

Secondly, as I am interested in css/styling of this plugin at this stage, can you/we start a thread where members showcase their website's use of this plugin, and provide links to their sites?
    Others can subsequently comment on the presentation and functionality; discuss creative ways of utilisation; but more importantly, gain inspiration and insight into the wider application of this excellent tool!

Are there any websites that you could recommend 'off the bat' for perusal, or would that necessitate the website's author sanctioning such a move first?

What are your thoughts?

• Kimberly

Fred,

Thanks for commenting and Welcome to the forums!

We try our best to keep issues separate, although many may seem the same, because everyone has a different install, settings, plugins, etc. The default behavior of a plugin not working correctly in it's environment is to break. While there is one outcome, there are many different causes. :slight_smile:

We encourage users to tag their posts with anything they find applicable to their issue. This is just standard community stuff that you do anywhere you share ideas or ask for help. The big idea is for what we do here to come full circle and help others who are searching, just like you say you have done.

Breaking down all of the forum threads into even finer categories is a good idea in theory, however you are then asking folks to diagnose a problem they do not yet understand. For instance, you may post an issue that your css isn't displaying properly and classify it as a CSS issue. When in reality, it's a plugin conflict. You have two plugins that share a class and are colliding. Or you created a child theme and didn't rename a php file.

We are working on a big redesign that you guys will be seeing SOON, and it will bring alot of intuitive functionality to the community here, that hopefully will help things a bit. You can always search tags here, just like on wp.org. Anyone who feels the same way you do will, hopefully, have tagged so that others can benefit from what is being shared :slight_smile:

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.