Fundraising form disappeared…

I have granted you access to see these below issues

http://mesivtamonsey.org/support/mesivta/

1. I just finished setting up my first fundraiser. It was going ok, but then something happened and the whole form disappeared. Now all that I see is the amount of backers and the total donated. The rest (rewards, etc.) is all gone.

2. Before this issue began I was having a problem that after making a paypal donation, I was getting the error saying that the pledge could not be found. I add the IPN provided, but still not working.

3. Why is the Blog sidebar appearing on my Fundraiser page? It does not appear on my other pages. I do not want the Sidbar here.

4. How do I make the Fundraiser form appear on the side of the content instead of below it as you show in your sample: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/funding-page-735×470.jpg

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Gil,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your question.

1. I just finished setting up my first fundraiser. It was going ok, but then something happened and the whole form disappeared. Now all that I see is the amount of backers and the total donated. The rest (rewards, etc.) is all gone.

I can see the rewards after logging to your site as displayed in the attached screenshot.

Please advise.

2. Before this issue began I was having a problem that after making a paypal donation, I was getting the error saying that the pledge could not be found. I add the IPN provided, but still not working.

What PIN URL have you added?

Is it working in Paypal Sandbox mode?

If not then would you mind if you temporary set it to Paypal Sandbox mode so that we can troubleshoot it?

3. Why is the Blog sidebar appearing on my Fundraiser page? It does not appear on my other pages. I do not want the Sidbar here.

You can remove the sidebar from the Fundraiser page either by overwriting the single fundraiser template file in your child theme or by adding the following CSS code in the style.css file of your child theme or add it in your site using the following plugin.

https://wordpress.org/plugins/simple-custom-css/

body.single-funder div#left-area {
    width: 1080px;
    margin-right: 0;
    }
    body.single-funder div#sidebar {
    display: none;
    }
    body.single-funder #main-content .container:before{
    }

4. How do I make the Fundraiser form appear on the side of the content instead of below it as you show in your sample: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/03/funding-page-735×470.jpg

In the shared screenshot it's displayed in the sidebar using the Fundraiser Panel widget so you can also display the same using the Fundraiser widget or its shortcode displayed in on the following path.

Admin Area -> Fundraising -> Getting Started

Best Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• Gil
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Gil,

Welcome to the WPMU Dev community and thank you for your question.

1. The issue is still there. But I noticed something strange. I can only see the full fundraiser when I am logged into WP. Please see screencast. I have reproduced this a few times and on a few browsers. It is not related to Cache as you can see in the screencast, I have completely cleared the Cache and all history. There is some kind of bug with this template it seems. Please advise.

2. What PIN URL have you added? http://mesivtamonsey.org/wdf-payment-return/paypal/

Is it working in Paypal Sandbox mode? No, it is live. I have granted you access to go in and see.

If not then would you mind if you temporary set it to Paypal Sandbox mode so that we can troubleshoot it? I have changed it to Sandbox.

3. Where is the single fundraiser template file? I see where the style.css file is in my DIVI theme folder, ut I don’t think you mean that one do you? I don’t want to affect the rest of my website or my blog posts (which DO have a sidebar).

4. Ok, that worked using the Widget Fundrasier Panel. Thanks!

• Gil

HI, one more point, I think that the issue with #3 above, the side bar is because the fundraiser page is being treated as a Blog post for some reason instead of a regular page. It is using the template of all my blog posts. It also has the header that includes the author and “post” date:

by Mesivta | Apr 8, 2015 | |

Is there are reason that the Fundrasier is being made as a blog post instead of just a regular page? I don’t want to change the style.css that will affect all my blog posts.

Thanks again for the clear and prompt replies.

Gil

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @gil

I hope you are well today.

#1 and #2: I can see your fundraiser slug is different that default. How did you change the default slug? The fundraiser should be auto appended into a fundraiser post, you should not need to use shortcode in a fundraiser post. Would you please temporarily change the slug back and test again?

#3: This is mainly a theme issue, how the theme treats a custom post type. By default every single custom post type is treated as post though, but you can use single custom page template for single custom post type. You will need custom code for that.

If you use Vinod’s code above, it won’t affect normal blog posts. Vinod’s css is only for single fundraiser post. Please implement the css, check and let us know.

Cheers

Ash

• Gil

1 and 2

I don’t really know what a slug is and I didn’t change it. I searched online and it says that the slug is usually designated by wordpress automatically by default the same as the name of the post. IN this case it is ‘mesivta’ just as the slug says. So I don’t know what you are asking me to change.

I have given you access, please log in and make whatever change you think needs to be done.

3. I don’t know how to make that change that Vindo said. That’s why I’m asking you. Please clarify.

Where is the single fundraiser template file? I see where the style.css file is in my DIVI theme folder, ut I don’t think you mean that one do you? I don’t want to affect the rest of my website or my blog posts (which DO have a sidebar).

Please let me know how I can speak to someone on the phone to clarify this. This is drag gin out too long and taking a few days back and forth between each question and reply and I must post this fundraiser by Wednesday.

Please help ASAP. My phone number is (removed by moderator for privacy purposes).

Thank you!

Gil

• Gil

Hey @gil,

I believe that this is the thread that you’re referring to, right?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/fundraising-form-disappeared

I’m seeing that more than one issue has been brought up there, but that being said, we’ll want to continue this discussion over there, and delve into this more. If you could enable Support Access (and mention doing so in that thread), that’d be great! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Michael

Hi Michael,

Thanks for the quick reply. I’ve already enabled support access over a week ago (and mentioned it above twice). Let me know if you can get in or if I need to do anything else to grant access.

Thanks,

Gil

• Gil

Hi,

Issue 1 and 2 seemed to have resolved. I don’t know if you did something or not but it’s fine now. Thanks.

So the only remaining issues are #3 and my recent question about why it says “NONE’ as an option for the rewards. This is very awkward and needs to be removed.

Thanks

Gil

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi Gil,

Issue 1 and 2 seemed to have resolved. I don’t know if you did something or not but it’s fine now. Thanks.

That’s great news! Glad it’s working fine for you now :slight_smile:

3. I don’t know how to make that change that Vindo said. That’s why I’m asking you. Please clarify.

Where is the single fundraiser template file? I see where the style.css file is in my DIVI theme folder, ut I don’t think you mean that one do you? I don’t want to affect the rest of my website or my blog posts (which DO have a sidebar).

You don’t have have child theme so instead of creating i recommend you to use the following “Simple Custom CSS” plugin to use the provided CSS code.

Please let me know how I can speak to someone on the phone to clarify this.

We provide support through this forum, email and live chat support through following pages but we don’t provide phone support.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/#question

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact

https://premium.wpmudev.org/live-support/

So the only remaining issues are #3 and my recent question about why it says “NONE’ as an option for the rewards. This is very awkward and needs to be removed.

You can hide this option by using the following CSS code through “Simple Custom CSS” plugin as describe previously.

.wdf_reward_item.wdf_reward_item_none {
    }

Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @gil,

Continuing from live chat :slight_smile:

As Vinod suggested before, you can use this plugin for additional CSS:

After you install that plugin you should see new panel in your admin section under Appearance called Custom CSS, when you go there you will see one text box where you just need to paste the code Vinod provided and it will apply the changes.

Let us know if you need more help with this.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Gil

Predag,

Thanks for getting back to me quickly.

And you are sure that this custom code will only affect the Fundraising page and not the rest of my site?

Also, he suggested above that I insert custom code for the rewards issue (The “NONE” appearing at the end of the rewards). How do I do that? After applying the first custom code? At the same time?

If there is a problem after, how will I remove that custom code?

I just want to make sure I don’t mess up the whole site on the eve of the launch.

Please get back to me as soon as you can.

• Gil

Also, it says:

/* Enter Your Custom CSS Here */

Does that mean that I enter the code between the **’s or between the //’s or delete it all completely and then enter my code? In other words which of these is correct:

/*.wdf_reward_item.wdf_reward_item_none {

}*/

Or

/.wdf_reward_item.wdf_reward_item_none {

}/

Or

}

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hey @gil,

I just want to make sure I don’t mess up the whole site on the eve of the launch.

Looking at Vinod’s code I see that he using classes that are specific to fundraising plugin so it will not affect rest of your site.

If there is a problem after, how will I remove that custom code?

You just remove it from the text box where you added it and save the changes.

Does that mean that I enter the code between the **’s or between the //’s or delete it all completely and then enter my code? In other words which of these is correct:

Third one is correct way to go.

CSS code which is between /**/ is just a comment and it’s not used on your site, for example you can use to comment what that code does so you know in future, like this:

/* Code below will remove NONE option */
    }

Also, he suggested above that I insert custom code for the rewards issue (The “NONE” appearing at the end of the rewards). How do I do that? After applying the first custom code? At the same time?

You can add the code at the same time one below another or one first then second, it doesn’t make a difference because code from the text box is used while it’s there, once removed it’s not being used anymore.

Here are both of Vinod’s codes combined which you can paste and save the changes:

body.single-funder div#left-area {
    width: 1080px;
    margin-right: 0;
    }
    body.single-funder div#sidebar {
    }
    body.single-funder #main-content .container:before{
    }
    }

Hope this helps, please let us know if you need further assistance with this.

Best regards,

Predrag

• Gil

Thank you Pedrag.

That sort of worked.

It did remove the sidebar and did remove the "NONE' at the bottom. But it still treats that Fundraiser as a blog post, not as a regular web page.

In other words, on a blog post, by default WP shows the Title of the post at the top as well as the author and the date of the post. I don't want that. I just want the fundraiser to be on a regular page that I can do whatever I want with it. (See screenshot attached here)

In other words, don't give me more CSS code to remove the title and the author and date. Rather tell me how to make the fundraiser appear as just a regular web page and not a blog post (which it isn't). Just as my other regular pages on my site don't show an author and date of posting. (And that should also solve the sidebar issue becuae the sidebar is coming because WP thinks this fundraiser is a blog post).

PLEASE reply today. This has dragged on for so long.

Thanks again

Gil

• Predrag Dubajic
    • Support

Hi @gil,

Sorry to hear that this didn’t work for you.

However Fundraising is a custom post type and converting it to page is not a simple job, it would require lots of changes in core plugin files and you would need to hire a developer to help you with this.

If you still want to remove the title via CSS just leave the support access active and I will add the CSS for you.

Thank you,

Predrag

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @gil, just jumping in here for Predrag. :slight_smile:

I’ve taken care of hiding all of that for you by inserting the following CSS code into Simple Custom CSS:

.funder > h1, .funder > .post-meta {
    }

Could you confirm on your end that it’s looking as it should please? :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,

Michael

• Gil

Thanks Michael for the suggestions, but these plugins are for embedding videos from other sites. That’s not really what I want. I have a video in my own media library already. I jus want to embed it in the fundraiser page and can’t find any simple way to do it. When I use the Add Media feature in WP to add to the fundraiser, it just has a link that opens the video in a new window. What plugin should I use to just have the video play in the actual fundraiser page. Like this: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/899521679/lacuna-library-public-art-space-built-with-50000-b

• Vinod Dalvi
    • WP Unicorn

Hi @gil,,

I have a video in my own media library already. I jus want to embed it in the fundraiser page and can’t find any simple way to do it.

You can try achieving this using any of the following solutions by using shortcode or directly the video URL added in the media library.

https://codex.wordpress.org/Video_Shortcode

https://wordpress.org/plugins/player/

https://wordpress.org/plugins/advanced-responsive-video-embedder/

Regards,

Vinod Dalvi

• Jose
    • Bruno Diaz

Hello there Gil,

The problem here is the video format that you are using.

MOV is a proprietary format and requires the quicktime plugin/extension in the browser. In safari and iOS devices it will work without issues, but you need to install the extension in other platforms -if available-. Otherwise, it is downloaded as a file.

The solution is to convert your video to .mp4 format, which is widely supported in the latest version of all the major browsers.

For more information on browser support for video go here:

http://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp

Please let us know if you have further issues.

Cheers,

Jose

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.