Fundraising - How to add image to shortcode and two other questions

This is a terrific plugin and so close to accomplishing our requirements...I hope someone can point me in the right direction for:

I'm using shortcodes to display each abbreviated project throughout the site...a few on the home page ('Recent') and all under a menu item 'All Fundraisers'...each project detail page uses its panel in the sidebar......

1. I need to be able to categorize the projects...

2. I need to add the project thumbnail image in the shortcode for the home page ('Recent Projects' ) and 'All Fundraisers' page - I know I can include each manually on the page, but from a management point of view it makes sense to have it as part of the generator code (manually placed now until I can categorize fundraisers)...

3. I need to be able to include the project excerpt in the shortcode...

The installation is in development at a subdomain 'start'...

Thanks in advance

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @Zeke

If you are using shortcodes, simply add the image in the post editor for the fundraiser. The shortcode will pick it up as part of the content (be sure show_content="yes" is in there). Unfortunately, there is no way to define the excerpt instead of the content (not that I know of anyway).

Currently, the Fundraising plugin does not have a category selection. You could give yourself a bit of a challenge and assign custom fields to the funder post type. Then use that for your categorization.

• Zeke
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Thanks Patrick...I know the images or other content could be manually added in each appearance of a project inside shortcode...but a checkbox on the insert shortcode panel to include featured image makes far more sense in terms of content management - so I guess its a feature request.

Same fore the 'show excerpt' idea...should be added on shortcode creation/insert panel to choose excerpt or main content...

I did find this thread regarding categories for the fundraising projects...

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/fundraising-plugin-with-categories

But it isn't clear really after adding the functions.php code...can you shed more light on how...

• Zeke

In the meantime...add this to your theme function file:

function reg_cat() {
    register_taxonomy_for_object_type('category','CUSTOM_POST_TYPE');
    }
    add_action('init', 'reg_cat');

Replacing "CUSTOM_POST_TYPE" with "funder"

Hope this will be useful for others who want to categorize the fundraising projects...

• Zeke

Thanks Patrick...cleaning up wish list then:

1. The solution I posted in prior comment to categorize the fundraisers appears to be working as expected

2. Option in shortcode generator GUI to select featured item thumbnail would be nice - otherwise it requires the additional image placement when building a page

3. Same as above - showing a select group of campaigns (as on current home page of our site in development) with the option to include excerpt would be nice

4. As noted in more recent topic, I have user submissions working from Gravity Forms...except getting reward levels and descriptions just yet, but soon...

Development site - http://start.bigstorygroup.com

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.