Fundraising Plug-In and PayPal (multiple portals and IPN use)

I am currently using my existing PayPal account on my main website to process general donations to our non-profit. When donations are made, we receive basic email notifications. Now I have added Fundraising to a subdomain for specific projects and will want to use my same PayPal account to receive project donations. We are NOT using IPN for our main donation portals. So -- if I set up IPN for the Fundraising plug-in, will it have any unexpected or negative effects on my PayPal account. I assume not, but I want to be sure about it.

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi there @Thomas

Welcome to the forums, glad to have you aboard!

Nope, it won't impact anything in your PayPal account, or any other site.

When a donation is made with Fundraising, the plugin simply uses PayPal's API to tell PayPal that a specific type of transaction has occurred and that it wants feedback.

The IPN feature simply pings the URL you enter in the IPN settings in your PayPal account with the data that the plugin has requested.

I hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Thomas
    • New Recruit

Hi Patrick. So sorry for falling asleep on issuing a reply. Your explanation was exactly the kind of feedback I needed. I used some sandbox accounts to test things out and I see how the functionality deploys itself. Thanks again.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.