Fundraising plugin

A few questions:

When used with Multisite will or can the PayPal info replicate across all sites?

Will the plugin keep track of which projects got how much in donations?

If this won't work for multisite, will it work for a single site?

I want to control all fundraising donations through one account and divide the money out on the back end. In other words, many projects, one paypal account.

Would like to have people be able to sign up and create a project on their own as well. Would that be possible?

• aecnu

Greetings Wally8,

When used with Multisite will or can the PayPal info replicate across all sites?

If you manually put in it on site creation or use New Blogs Template plugin as Kimberly suggested in a like ticket you submitted earlier.

Will the plugin keep track of which projects got how much in donations?

Yes, each one is an independent project in that regards and keep individual statistics.

Would like to have people be able to sign up and create a project on their own as well. Would that be possible?

Certainly possible but risky if using your own PayPal account. I could sign up and make one post using a quick money or chain letter or gambling/lottery or other tyoes of "Fundraisers" and PayPal will burn your account so fast it will make your head spin plus you will be legally and personally liable for both the funds collected and the legitimacy of the event.

Proceed with caution if using your own web site or PayPal account and allowing others to create events.

On the other hand if using Pro Sites and it creates a site with Fundraising capabilities and the person uses their own PayPal address the possibilities of adverse consequences diminishes greatly.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• wally8

Thanks Joe,

Sorry, about the dual posts. I wasn't able to see that the other post had gone through.

So to clarify, I could just use a single site instead of a multisite and the plugin info would give me a report of donations per project, right? However doing it that way, I wouldn't be able to tell on my PayPal, I think. Not sure on that and I'll have to check that out when I test.

Thank you for the point on the PayPal account too. I should have mentioned that I'd like to have someone be able to create a new site pending approval. Looks like that will be possible and I can control things that way.

Thanks again for the input.

Wally

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.