Fundraising Plugin

FightSarcoma.org is a nonprofit corporation. The following is what I would like to do with "Fundraising":

The current trend in nonprofit fundraising is for individuals to have their own "page" off the main website so that they can invite their friends to "join their team".

What I need is to be able to hardcode the paypal info site wide so that all donations go into the same account. Is this possible?

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya @cgrace,

First off, welcome to WPMU DEV!

Let's take a look at your questions here.

What I need is to be able to hardcode the paypal info site wide so that all donations go into the same account. Is this possible?

that's gonna be tricky and would require custom development outside what we can support for you here. Why not use one site and allow multiple authors that can create their own fundraisers? This way, the settings stay the same across the board but individuals can have their own pages promoting their fundraiser.

One more question can I customize the "progress bar" to be a thermometer? Or some other picture?

Absolutely. The default display can be modified the same way you would any part of your WordPress theme, by modifying the CSS. If you need specific instructions a screenshot or access to the page where you want to modify something would be helpful.

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

• Clyde
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Thanks for the reply! It looks like if I set it up as you suggest that any user that has the privileges to set up a fundraiser can modify and delete those that other people have set up. Can this be changed?

---- Update
    I may have solved it for myself. If I lower the permission level to author or below it seems you can only see your own fundraiser.

• Clyde

Terribly sorry to reopen. Please help as I am in a huge crunch for time. I took your advice @Mason and went with one site and all seemed to be well until I tested with various permission levels. I now have the following issues:

At the subscriber level, users can't create fundraiser pages

At the contributor level or above they can create fundraisers but can also create posts and "portfolio items".

As this page is our corporate web presence I can't allow all users to create/modify other types of content. So looking at this I do indeed need to go back to the "multi-site" option. Please recommend someone that would be able to create an option to set the paypal info at the "network" option level only accessable by superadmins. We don't have huge financial resources but we would be willing to contract someone to do this. The truth is, it would be a fantastic option for this plugin. Please advise...

• Clyde

Can it really be so hard to add super admin only configurations to a plugin? I know there are plugins like the "global footer" plugin that site admins can't get to... It would be so nice to have a checkbox to configure payment options globally or allow site admins to do it.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya,

I'm not sure about providing "super admin" only configurations to the plugin. What you really should do is create a custom user role for your site that has only the capabilities you're looking for. Here's one I prefer:
    wordpress.org/extend/plugins/members/

And here's one that allows you to hide menu items, etc:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/admin-menu-editor/

Hope this helps. Let us know if you need anything further!

• Clyde

Thanks @Mason, I will see if I can configure these to do what I need. I still think it would be cleaner and more robust to have the functionality in the same plugin. However as long as it can be accomplished it should be fine.

• Mason
    • DEV MAN’s Sidekick

Hiya Clyde,

I still think it would be cleaner and more robust to have the functionality in the same plugin.

Would you still feel that way if you had several different post_types on one site? What if you had products, events, and wikis and wanted separate user roles for each? Would you prefer separate areas in the individual plugins or a central location such as the plugins I'm referring to above?

Would love to hear your thoughts on that. I, personally, prefer the latter but I understand that when you only have one product it'd be nice to have it "built-in".

At any rate, the functionality exists and you should be able to get exactly what you need here :slight_smile:

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.