Fundraising Plugin

Hi,

I installed the fundraising plug in and it looks great. I am having the problem though, that after donaters leave paypal, they get returned to a broken page on my website. I don’t know how or where to fix the Thank You page.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings kristamackinnon,

Sorry to see that you are having an issue with the thank you page.

You need to find out what page they are indeed being redirected to after payment which should be something like http://testing.aecnuwpmu.us/fundraisers/{The Fundraiser’s Name}/thank-you

If you cannot do a test to find out yourself first hand you may want to check your hosting error logs or even install an SEO plugin that will tell your what pages are getting a 404 error like the SEO Ultimate plugin.

With that information you can then create the missing page.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

I also just noticed that you are two versions behind and the current plugin version is 2.2.4

In version 2.2.3 there is an item that may indeed fix the issue:

Rewrite Flush Issue Fixed

Fixed issue with subscriber error in admin panel

Currency characters are properly decoded for thank you emails

New “wdf_paypal_gateway_standard_item_number” filter for changing the “Reference” on checkout

Be sure to back up your database before updating to the newest version.

Please advise.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Thank you for keeping me posted which is certainly appreciated.

The next thing to do is to reset the permalinks, you do not have to change them IF they are set to anything else but default – but just click on the save button and this will indeed reset them.

Test again – if this does not work then it is time to take drastic emergency measures to get this fixed considering it is live and all.

Lets use a htaccess redirect to get this going to a thank you page.

Of course you want to create a thank you page that you can bring up in your browser and get the URL to the thank you page, and for this example lets use kristathanksyou as the thank you page.

In the htaccess file towards the top add something like the following:

Redirect 301 /archives/fundraisers/family-outreach-reaches-outthank-you http://familymentalhealthrecovery.org/kristathanksyou/

The above redirect code is one line though the WYSIWYG editor is making it two lines.

The http://familymentalhealthrecovery.org/kristathanksyou/ should be the working URL to your custom thank you page you made earlier.

Please advise if this indeed gets this right for your site.

Looking forward to hearing from you in any event.

Cheers, Joe

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hiya, just going through some of the older threads here.

As it’s been a little while since we last heard from you I thought I’d check in to see how you’re going?

If you’re still looking for some further assistance with this thread then please feel free to reopen the thread or of course for any new and related issues you are most welcome to open a new thread.

Thanks.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.