Fundraising plugin + BuddyPress create an issue after donation is completed

I have a BuddyPress and Fundraising add-ons and I have two issues with them.

1. On the Fundraising page, just next to the Donate button, there is a text that states “Post this to your profile” with the check box checked. I assume it is from the BuddyPress plugin, and I want to get a rid of it. It makes the underline unclear, and confuses users.

Therefore, I would like to ask, is there a way to get a rid of this “Post this to your profile” text and the check box next to it.

2. The second issue relates to the “Post this to your profile” text. If check box left checked, and a user goes through the donation, allowing the BuddyPress to leave a comment on the users profile, when a user wants to go to his profile there is an error that states:

Fatal error: Call to undefined function bp_core_delete_notifications_for_user_by_type() in ……………………….wp-content/plugins/fundraising/lib/bp/bp-wdf-notifications.php on line 91

I would appreciate any help on how to solve this. I would like to get a rid of the whole “Post this to your profile” text and checkbox making sure that the second issue do not take place.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Luís

Hi Tom ,

Hope you're doing well today!

Regarding to your issues:

1) Right, the "Post this to your profile" feature will be automatically enable when you have BuddyPress installed too and unfortunately we don't have an option in the plugin settings to disable this. The only way is comment the code in the core file to disable this feature.

We will need to change the "template-functions.php" found in "wp-content/plugins/fundraising/lib" folder, commenting the following lines:

if(defined('WDF_BP_INSTALLED') && WDF_BP_INSTALLED == true && is_user_logged_in())
    					$content .= '<label class="wdf_bp_show_on_activity">'.__('Post this to your profile','wdf').'<input type="checkbox" name="wdf_bp_activity" value="1" checked="checked" /></label>';

2) This bug was already reported and our developers provided a fix to this.

Attached, I send you a .zip that contains two files:

a) template-functions.php

This file was modified, as mentioned in the above point 1, to remove the “Post this to your profile” option. If you are interested, please upload it to "wp-content/plugins/fundraising/lib" folder to override the original one.

Note: As this is a modification in a plugin core file, when you update Fundraising, you will lose these changes.

b) bp-wdf-notifications.php

This file was modified to fix the issue related to the "Fatal error". Upload it to "wp-content/plugins/fundraising/lib/bp" to override the original one. This hotfix will be included in the next update.

I hope this information has been helpful. If I can help you in this or other questions, please let me know!

Cheers, Luís