Fundraising Plugin Error (CODE)520003

Hi, I've installed the Fundraising plugin (version 2.5) and created a Campaign. I want to use Simple Payments so I've entered in the e-mail address for my Paypal account, and in Paypal I've turned on IPNs and and pointed them to the web address given. But I am getting the following error message when trying to make a donation: "There was a problem connecting with the paypal gateway. (CODE)520003 Authentication failed. API credentials are incorrect." It is set to live mode. How do I fix this?

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

Hi @Roots & Wings,

You say that you have added your payPal email address... have you also added your PayPal API username, API password and signiture? These are also required.

I believe that you do not need an APP ID when using Simple Payments, but the API details are always required.

• Roots & Wings
    • New Recruit

I had not entered in that information, but I did now. Now I am getting the following error message: There was a problem connecting with the paypal gateway. (CODE)560029 The required X-PAYPAL-APPLICATION-ID header is missing from the HTTP request.

What do you suggest?

• Elliott Bristow
    • The Bug Hunter

Hmm... I didn't think that an APP-ID was necessary for Simple Payment style fundraisers. Do you have the option for Advanced fundraisers activated (even if you haven't created any advanced fundraiser posts)? If so, try deactivating it and see if that fixes the issue.

If not we may have to revert to the developer for some additional guidance.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.