Fundraising Plugin Not Updating When A Donation Is Received, Paypal IPN Status Retrying

Hello just paid for and set up "Fundraising" butthe fundraising Plugin is ppdating when a Donation Is Received (I still get the Donation). My donors get the message "Oh No, we can't find your Donation. Sometimes it take a few moments for your Donation to be logged. You can try refreshing this page".

The plugin is found at: http://www.theuntitledgameshow.com/fundraisers/biki-plays-wiiu-with-your-help/

PayPal account > History > IPN say Status Retrying "screen Shoot below"

Thing have done.
1. Profile --> My Selling Tools --> Instant payment Set up IPN and make sure it activated.
2. Try test Donations both in Live & Sandbox (I'm Currently Live)
3. Check to see if there was a "apostrophe" in title.
4. Not running plugin Bad Behavior.

Exrta Info:
Website Host FatCow
WordPress Version 4.0
Active Plugins List:
1. Fundraising
2. WPMU DEV Dashboard
3. TubePress
4. Search Meter
5. Jetpack by WordPress.com
6. BAW Post Views Count
7. wp slideshow posts
8. Disqus Comment System
9. YouTube Channel
Are you using fundraising with rewards or no rewards? - No rewards
Multisite or single site install? - Single site

I have to manually enter the pledges received in order for them to be represented on the fundraising page.

I have searched the forums for a fix for me but luck as of yet.

Any help be great.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Biki,

Hope you're doing well today and thanks for your question!

Have you copied and pasted the IPN exactly as it shows it in the bottom of your second screenshot?

When you click on an individual IPN transaction, what does it say, is there any error or additional information that will point towards a cause?

were those tests in sandbox or live?

Once we have the answers to those questions then we will be able to further troubleshoot this issue :slight_smile:

Look forward to hearing back!

All the best,
    Tyler

• Biki

Hi Tyler sorry for late reply was at work. Ok your questions.

1. "Have you copied and pasted the IPN exactly as it shows it in the bottom of your second screenshot?"
      YES the "PayPal Instant Payment Notifications URL" is the same on paypal. screen Shots below showing both code on my website and on PayPal

2. "When you click on an individual IPN transaction, what does it say, is there any error or additional information that will point towards a cause?"
      Yes there is more info just noticed this on a individual IPN transaction. I will have screen shot of info as well but here what it stated.

HTTP response code: 406
      Delivery statusRetrying
      No. of retries13
      IPN typeTransaction made

IPN Message:
      transaction_subject=6128||ad5eb21c1385||0||0||0||0||0||0||0&payment_date=21:15:00 Sep 05, 2014 PDT&txn_type=web_accept&last_name=Martinez&residence_country=US&item_name=Biki Plays WiiU With Your Help&payment_gross=2.00&mc_currency=USD&business=nxfanz@yahoo.com&payment_type=instant&protection_eligibility=Ineligible&verify_sign=APYQD3cQUCvceRYaLRSfdWppl6P2AS69Vrq67P6YgJCDV.q00I1TLKX.&payer_status=verified&tax=0.00&payer_email=gamersedgerepair@gmail.com&txn_id=29R87432PE118614D&quantity=0&receiver_email=nxfanz@yahoo.com&first_name=Jonais&payer_id=4W777NDAFF7BA&receiver_id=78B7X36HZVBRJ&item_number=ad5eb21c1385&payer_business_name=GamersEdge&payment_status=Completed&payment_fee=0.36&mc_fee=0.36&mc_gross=2.00&custom=6128||ad5eb21c1385||0||0||0||0||0||0||0&charset=windows-1252&notify_version=3.8&ipn_track_id=831b87ec3beca

3. were those tests in sandbox or live?
      1st test was sandbox all others was live with real money. I current still on live as it shows in the screen shot.

• DavidM

Hi @Biki,

Thanks for all the details you've provided, that really help! Since you're seeing a 406 error, could I ask if you could try the adjustment mentioned here?
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/paypal-ipn-returning-406-error#post-693581

It sounds like something to do with the server configuration and hopefully that will help to sort it.

Could you let us know how that might work for you?

Thanks,
    David

• Biki

Looking up more info on paypal and i came up with this from the paypal help site. Not sure if any of this info use full.

"Note: If you have requested that PayPal resend the IPN message and the status has not been updated for the attempt, resending is appended to the status, e.g. Failed - resending.
    Your server's response to the HTTP POST that delivered the IPN message to your listener. For more information about these codes, see RFC 2616: Hypertext Transfer Protocol -- HTTP/1.1." https://developer.paypal.com/webapps/developer/docs/classic/ipn/integration-guide/IPNOperations/

"HTTP response code 406 info from the site paypal link me to.
    10.4.7 406 Not Acceptable http://tools.ietf.org/html/rfc2616#section-10

The resource identified by the request is only capable of generating
    response entities which have content characteristics not acceptable
    according to the accept headers sent in the request.

Unless it was a HEAD request, the response SHOULD include an entity
    containing a list of available entity characteristics and location(s)
    from which the user or user agent can choose the one most
    appropriate. The entity format is specified by the media type given
    in the Content-Type header field. Depending upon the format and the
    capabilities of the user agent, selection of the most appropriate
    choice MAY be performed automatically. However, this specification
    does not define any standard for such automatic selection.

Note: HTTP/1.1 servers are allowed to return responses which are
    not acceptable according to the accept headers sent in the
    request. In some cases, this may even be preferable to sending a
    406 response. User agents are encouraged to inspect the headers of
    an incoming response to determine if it is acceptable.

If the response could be unacceptable, a user agent SHOULD
    temporarily stop receipt of more data and query the user for a
    decision on further actions."

Not sure what more to try, the auto update is why I buy the Fundraising plugin.

• Tyler Postle

Hey Biki,

Thanks for getting back to us with all that information :slight_smile:

Can you try contacting your domain host and getting them to whitelist your domain? It could be blocking some communication. That is the solution that worked here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/paypal-instant-payment-notification-warning-email#post-494933

Different plugin, but still same error, so the fix is definitely a possible solution.

Let us know what your host says! and if that does the trick.

All the best,
    Tyler

PS. It could also be worth doing a plugin conflict check, deactivating all other plugins to ensure none of them are causing the conflict.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.