fundraising plugin, paypal ipn setup

ok, i am trying to set up a site that many people can fundraiser for adoption as well as other charities. I want to use your fundraising plugin, but I think i may have hit a snag with its designed use. According to your settings the user must use their subdomain.chainsremoved.com/***-*******-******/paypal/ as their IPN on paypal. That is great if each user uses their own paypal account. However, I want to set it up for my partner 501(c) organization so donors can have a tax deductible donation.

Can you advice if I use the main domain (chainsremoved.com/***-*******-******/paypal/) as the IPN if it will work on all sites that want to use the 501(c) org or if I can create one subdomain site that each site can use say plug in 501c.chainsremoved.com/****/paypal and just have the organization use that or will paypal never receive the payment if they don't have individualized ones.

• Michael Bissett
    • Recruit

Hey @Joshua, hope you're doing well! :slight_smile:

Using the main domain would mean that only the main site would be able to create fundraisers & successfully complete the transactions, the subsites would still need to have their own PayPal accounts set up for this.

Same thing would go for the creation of a single subsite, it too would be the only one accepting successful transactions through it's IPN address (as each IPN address is unique to each subsite).

Let me know if I can be of further assistance here please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Joshua
    • Flash Drive

I am partnering with a 501c organization so folks can set up sub sites on my domain to crowd fund using the same 501c. this allows them to have the option to give donors a tax deductible donation. Therefore, the sub sites will not be using their IPN address.

Can I just ignore this for each sub site and use the 501c’s paypal username to accept donations to the 501c? Or is this not allowed?

• Michelle Shull
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey Joshua!

I'm going to ask @Maniu for a little feedback here, too, but as far as I can tell, an IPN is required for instant payment notifications, which are required to keep and display a running total of the donation total. This leads me to believe it isn't optional for Fundraiser to work correctly.

Thanks for your question!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.