Fundraising plugin

How do I integrate the fundraising plugin into Grido (Themify) theme to show as an individual page as well as a post on Home Page? As you can see in the link the fundraiser draft I created only renders as a post and not as a separate individual page when clicked. I want donors to be able to view individual projects separately from other group of projects on the project’s individual page so donors are not overwhelmed choosing which project to support (e.g. http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/1749995596/etch-a-sketch-portraits?ref=recently_launched)?

Grido Fundraising Plugin

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

Hey there! Glad to see you in a new thread! We can get you sorted much better :slight_smile:

I don't know if you have checked out the Getting Started page on Fundraiser but there is a nifty shortcode that lets you post the fundraiser info on any page.

I did a quick example to show you how it can work, it's plain as I've added no style, just something to show you the function. :slight_smile:

Will this get you started? We can tackle whatever else you need as well :slight_smile:

• BlueGoat
    • Flash Drive

Like everybody else; I’m trying to get my post to jump to a separate page to show the photo or video that’s been uploaded with the project description underneath and the progress bar, date the project is expected to be funded if goal is met, number of donors and or any rewards for contributions to be shown to the right as shown in the screenshot. In draft post – not publicly published – link above the fundraiser renders only as a individual post similar to your second attachment but mines has a photo but none of the other info is displayed (i.e. progress bar). Plus I cannot jump to a separate page when I click the post title.

• BlueGoat
    • Flash Drive

My funder post does not show on Home Page or main blog of my site fonlavi.com. It shows as a link under Featured Fundraisers in the side bar. When I click the link I’m taken to the individual fund post I created. I would like to refine the look of the rewards contributions list by having them appear in individual box containers like indiegogo instead of as a bullet list with radio buttons beside each reward description. Also an extra radio button appears underneath the last reward with nothing beside it, how do I remove this since there’s nothing there for donor to read?

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

That last bullet point should say none (basically a reward opt-out). To change the layout of the reward/level panel you’ll need to develop some custom css. I changed all the html to <div> elements to hopefully make this a bit easier. I realize there are going to be a lot of ways to display this plugin so I have attempted to add in some flexible customization options to try and please everyone.

To include a fundraiser on a blog archive page you have to alter the query to include the custom post_type of “funder”

This is a quick example, I can’t promise that this will work because themes & plugins can potentially override this or use a different file. Try adding this before “The Loop” inside your theme’s index.php.

global $wp_query;
    $args = array_merge( $wp_query->query, array( 'post_type' => 'funder' );
    query_posts( $args );

This link is also a good WP Codex resource for using query_posts

• BlueGoat
    • Flash Drive

Is there anyway to remove the last bullet point though to keep the aesthetics of design clean (e.g. Back this Project -Donate $1 Minimum pledge button)? The $1 Minimum pledge would take care of reward opt-out therefore there would be no need for lone radio button at the end of contributions list like the other fundraising sites. Can I put the code you’ve given me in a child theme or customs-funcition.php file for theme I using?

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

The code I posted would need to be used only on your blog’s archive page template. using it in a functions.php file would alter the query for every page on your site. You can insert it into a child theme but it would still need to be in on the specific post archive you are trying to alter.

Try this css to remove the last bullet point.

.wdf_rewards .wdf_reward_item:last-child { display: none; }

• BlueGoat
    • Flash Drive

Yay! The query you gave me worked! Now the funder post is showing up on Grido theme WP page. Would I need to add the query every time I upgrade Grido theme? Where do I place the CSS code to remove the last bullet point? I’ll going to work on custom css for layout for reward/level panel. Luv WPMUDev support!

• Kimberly
    • Champion of Loops

If you are using a child theme you won’t have to worry about changing anything you make to the theme.

You can find the items you are looking for in the plugin css by searching for the terms you need: I.e. ‘progress bar’ search found

.wdf_goal_progress.column.ui-progressbar {

width: 122px;

height: 17px;

• BlueGoat
    • Flash Drive

Ah ok I want to change the look of the right side of fund post not the progress bar – apologies if my explanation wasn’t clearer earlier – so fund post looks similar to screenshot or indiegogo. I want to use a different button or image in place of the radio button next to reward amount and description. I hope this better clarifies more what I’m after exactly.

• aecnu
    • WP Unicorn

Greetings BlueGoat,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.