Fundraising: Shortcodes: Attributes? Text-widgets?

I am wondering if there are any attributes that can be assigned to this the shortcode(s)

[fundraiser id=""][donate_button paypal_email="" button_type="default"]

Are there attributes I can assign to determine, for example, the style of the donation box (dark, etc.), or the presence or absence of the description? (it would be nice to omit that since its words can clash with the inline text of the surrounding post/page.)

ALSO,

I've noticed that the shortcode doesn't render into a text widget (theme = "Social"). Should I anticipate support for this soon? Sidebar-sized and widget-rendering donations boxes are important because they allow donations without going off to a separate page.

(also you should note that in the admin panel, the shortcode is listed as "funraiser" yes. "funraiser". And as "fun" as that word sounds, it doesn't help people who are trying to use it.)

• aecnu

Greetings dschulzjackson,

Welcome to WPMU Dev!

I am wondering if there are any attributes that can be assigned to this the shortcode(s)

Great Question!

Unfortunately there are not any attributes that can be with the shortcodes at this time.

I've noticed that the shortcode doesn't render into a text widget (theme = "Social"). Should I anticipate support for this soon? Sidebar-sized and widget-rendering donations boxes are important because they allow donations without going off to a separate page.

Thank you for this feedback and supporting information. I cannot say if it will be incorporated or not, myself not being the developer. However, I will make sure the lead developer of the Fundraising plugin gets this request in front of him.

(also you should note that in the admin panel, the shortcode is listed as "funraiser" yes. "funraiser". And as "fun" as that word sounds, it doesn't help people who are trying to use it.)

I will in addition bring this to the lead developer attention and try to find out if there was a reason behind it or if it was/is just a typo.

I will help the best I can with these issues bringing them all to the attention of the lead developer of Fundraiser to include inviting him in here for comment.

Thank you not only for the great feedback for this new plugin but for also being a WPMU Dev Member.

Cheers, Joe

• aecnu

Greetings dschulzjackson,

Just a heads up that I just got off a conversation with the lead developer of Fundraising plugin and I shall quote him in regards to the Fundraising plugin shortcodes "its a typo. 2.0 will fix that as well as re-tool all the shortcodes"

So therefore we (you and I) are certainly looking forward to this next release though I could not pin him down on any kind of release date or window thereof, but i am not alarmed by this since it is normal WPMU Dev protocol.

Cheers, Joe

• AndrewSepic

I'm a bit confused. On the Fundraising homepage is states that widgets are included..

Widgets included. Easily display simple donation button, recent fundraisers and featured fundraisers in any widgetized area of your site.

I think this is misleading that this is not actually the case. Also in my plugin I have only one shortcode available to me [donation] (see screenshot) and placing this in a post creates a duplicate of that same post. What is [donation] supposed to do?

Thanks.

• dschulzjackson

Sorry if my language was misleading.

There is indeed an existing widget as you said, but it displays only LINKS to recent and featured fundraisers. Just links, nothing more. I want people to donate right there in the sidebar, without leaving the page.

I want a widget that looks like this:

$25 out of $250 given, 10%
    |===|----------------------|
    donation options:
    O $10
    O $25
    O Other
    (DONATE)

• AndrewSepic

Cole,
    Thanks for the quick response, I had downloaded the old Beta version and I got them confused in my files. Look! I have widgets now ! :slight_smile: and more than one shortcode which I bet functions pretty well.

I would put in a big +1 for having a widget available in the sidebar which contains the functionality Mr Jackson outlined in the above post. I think this is a big step forward.
    Also, in the mean time is there a way I can 'fake a sidebar' by using a full width template from my theme and adding some custom CSS? I can't seem to select a page template in the fundraising pages, can I bring back that theme template functionality back in with some minor code edits?

Again, thanks for the quick response.

• AndrewSepic

Ahh, to follow up to my last post, I understand that Fundraising is using the Wordpress 'Post' as it's manner to create 'Funraisers" so in this case template options are not available. So in order to make it a bit more visually appealing, I've placed the [donation id=" "] shortcode into a Page with a full width template and added custom style rules to make the donation information then display like a sidebar widget.

Again though, it would be much preferred to have a widget itself which could be available site wide (in a side bar) with the donation options, progress bar and donate button.

• dschulzjackson

I'm actually having some issues:

First, before I did anything in "settings" after updating, (which could be part of the problem,) my old single fundraiser pages weren't displaying Fundraising content:
    http://anawimcc.org/funder/buy-steve-a-new-llama/

So I figured, maybe old fundraisers are no good. I'll make a new one.

But then, when I go to create a new fundraiser page, I get (at the top of the page):
    Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/djsj/public_html/anawimcc/wp-content/plugins/fundraising/fundraiser.php on line 774
    and some key options are missing from the creation page -- there are no publish and save as draft buttons, etc. (screenshot attached on a later post)

So then I'm thinking... maybe it will fix everything if I go update my settings. So I go. But then, for "allow fundraiser types" (which I surely would need to activate for any of this to work) I get Warning messages: (screen pasted as text instead of as screenshot:slight_smile:
    ---------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fundraising Settings
    Payments - Presentation - Other

Currency Settings

Set Your Currency
    Currency Symbol Position	 $100
     $ 100
     100$
     100 $
    Show Decimal in Prices	 Yes   No
    Allowed Fundraiser Types

Simple Donations	 Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/djsj/public_html/anawimcc/wp-content/plugins/fundraising/lib/form.blog_settings.php on line 222
    />
    Advanced Crowdfunding	 Warning: in_array() [function.in-array]: Wrong datatype for second argument in /home/djsj/public_html/anawimcc/wp-content/plugins/fundraising/lib/form.blog_settings.php on line 240
     Help id="wdf_allowed_fundraier_types" />

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    So. That's the point where I'm at now. It's possible that by messing with settings (i.e. allowing fundraiser types even though there were warning messages and issues in various places) will fix everything, but either way I wanted to tell you about the issues/warnings I was getting. I like this plugin and I've looked at others and it seems to be better than them, including these:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/paypal-donations/screenshots/
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/donate-plus/screenshots/
    and probably this:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/personal-fundraiser/screenshots/
    and surely this:
    http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/buy-a-brick/screenshots/

... so its worth it to me to invest time helping you make it better.

thx,

Daniel

• dschulzjackson

Other things:

It's a little weird that upgrading to this new version A) clears all my settings and B) doesn't come with many default settings, for example, the permalink settings are all blank now.

Even after going through all the menu settings, my Edit Fundraiser page still lacks update / publish box like it did before, only no warning message now. (see attached)

Even after going through all the menu settings, my donation page is still blank: http://anawimcc.org/support-our-ministries/buy-steve-a-new-llama/

• AndrewSepic

@dschulzjackson, I didn't actually update the plugin myself, but for each release since v1 I've removed the plugin and re-installed the newer version. I'm not a fan of WPMUDEV update notification plugin because it comes with a lot of unnecessary notifications and ads for the company, so I also usually comment out the alert for installing their plugin (the first function in the plugin file usually).

I WAS surprised however that after removing the old plugins, and installing the newer versions of Fundraising that my fundraisers from the old version were then still available to me. I deleted them and created a new fundraiser to ensure maximum compatibility.

On my new Fundraising pages (v2 RC3) I need to select one of the two fundraising types and then save the fundraiser, before the update or publish button is available. It's worked so far for me without any problems.

It seems like you've got a few issues though, perhaps maybe something went wrong with the upgrade process. I've found the lead dev @cole pretty helpful so far, I'm sure he can point you in the right direction when he gets a moment.

• aecnu

Greetings Daniel and Andrew,

Starting from the top with Daniels issue not seeing the publish etc selections is because as shown in the screenshots you gentlemen provided, a fundraising type has not yet been selected which in turn brings up the other buttons including the publish etc.

This caught me by surprise in the beginning as well right after the update, took me about twenty minutes to figure it out.

Therefore choose a "Fundraising Type" and the applicable buttons will appear.

@Daniel are you still getting warning messages?

@Andrew

I'm not a fan of WPMUDEV update notification plugin because it comes with a lot of unnecessary notifications and ads for the company, so I also usually comment out the alert for installing their plugin (the first function in the plugin file usually).

I find this somewhat humorous since all of these items can be simply turned off using the selections at the bottom of the update plugin as shown in my screen shot below. Simply logged into the network administration dashboard got to --> Updates --> WPMU Dev then scroll all the way to the bottom of the screen right under the API Key.

I WAS surprised however that after removing the old plugins, and installing the newer versions of Fundraising that my fundraisers from the old version were then still available to me.

This is due to that whenever you remove a plugins files it does not remove the database settings so that when you restore a new version as in this case the old data is still present. Thank goodness for this or whenever doing a regular update, lets say Pro Sites for example, one would need to reset up every option all over again.

In some rare cases the data is in fact deleted from the database depending on the plugin author.

Please let me know how we are doing now with your installations and thank you both for being WPMU Dev Members!

Cheers, Joe

• Cole

@andrew thanks for the input here. I had created some upgrade functions to fix any potential problems but obviously missed a spot concerning the fundraising type.

Basically I had to insure the validity for advanced payments for a better application process for people wanting to use the paypal advanced payments and force an initial choice. If your coming from an old version it doesn't recognize a valid type to make a choice on what to display.

@ dschulzjackson - have you taken any donations on that fundraiser?

I want you to try using the quick edit link in the Fundraisers section. When the panel opens switch your post status to draft and go back to view the full fundraiser. This should bring up the fundraising type choice again and let you make the appropriate choice. One caveat is that if you choose advanced and you have already taken donations on that particular fundraiser you will not be allowed to change goals or rewards. Let me know if that works.

• aecnu

Greetings Daniel,

We have not heard back from you as to the status of this issue.

If you are still having an issue please let us know so that we may try to get you fixed up as soon as possible by choosing to check mark this ticket as unresolved below and posting any new errors or symptoms you are noticing.

This action will also bring your ticket up front back in plain view again within the ticket system.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev member!

Cheers, Joe

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.