Fundraising with buddypress group

Hello guys
In the description of the fundraising plugin it 's said it Works perfectly with BuddyPress.
I would like to create a kind of social network for fundraisers.
The admin create a group thats is in fact a fundraising project. And the donator become member of this group once the payment was done.
Do you think it's possible ?
If it's not possible which combination of plugins can allow me to do something similar ?
Thank you

• Patrick
    • Support Monkey

Hi @franck_baye

Welcome to the forums!

Attaching a fundraiser to a BuddyPress group is not possible with the current version of this plugin.

However, it is a great suggestion for a new feature. I'll be sure to alert the plugin developer to this.

If you need this functionality right away, you may want to consider hiring a developer from our job board: https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs

Hope this helps! And thanks for being a member :slight_smile:

• Cole
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Hey franck_baye,

You might notice after installing fundraising there is a BuddyPress component ( a very hollow one ) already included. The only functionality added at this current stage is the ability to log a BuddyPress user activity for a pledge. Users get the option of sharing their donation activity which comes out like "UserX has donated $5 towards Help Fund My Kidney"

The kind of community features you are talking about are already being developed. No current eta, but if you were looking for something to extend in the time being you should take a look at the buddypress component files in the plugin.

• ben_otterbein
    • New Recruit

You might notice after installing fundraising there is a BuddyPress component ( a very hollow one ) already included. The only functionality added at this current stage is the ability to log a BuddyPress user activity for a pledge. Users get the option of sharing their donation activity which comes out like "UserX has donated $5 towards Help Fund My Kidney"

@Cole I saw you mention this to another member and was wonder where I can find this info?

Thanks!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.