G-Zip Compression appears to work but it does not

I have enabled G-Zip Compression in Hummingbird, and it appears that everything works correctly. It says that gzip has been successfully setup and all the compression options are enabled.

However, when I check the website with hummingbird, it says that there is a file that I can compress to reduce its size.

The file is locally on my server, I am not using a CDN.

• Dimitris

Hey there Paul,

hope you're doing good and thanks for joining us! :slight_smile:

The alert that you should be seeing must involve an image that needs compressing, which is different from the GZIP module which enables compression for your rendered page, meaning that compress the actual html, css and js files that are being loaded in your website.

In order to compress your images, you can use our famous WP Smush Pro plugin.
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/wp-smush-pro/

Hope that was some help, feel free to post back here if I miss something! If so, a screenshot may be a great help!

Warm regards,
    Dimitris

• Dimitris

Hey there Paul,

hope you're doing good today! :slight_smile:

So it's not about the Image Optimization module but rather about the Minification module.

The point here is that these Upfront dependencies are being generated dynamically so HB Minification can't process them (you can see for yourself that these script isn't available in Minification module, if activated).

This is more of an Upfront thing though, and hopefully will be addressed in a future release so that HummingBird can also better handle its scripts and styles.

Until then, you shouldn't confront any other issue considering this, apart from these HB notifications.

Hope that was some help, let me know if further assistance is required here!
    Warm regards,
    Dimitris

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.