GA and Cross Domain Profile

I refer to this thread: https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/multisite-google-analytics-plugin-not-seeing-domains-in-reports

I cannot, for the life of me, get the cross domain view to work. I have read everything mentioned in that thread and have followed google's instruction to setup the cross domain profile.

When i said it doesn't work, i meant i cannot see any metric in GA Real-Time Content where as i can see metrics in the "master view" (which has no filter).

I have attached my GA profile filter screenshot here. Please help!

• BW
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Hi Luis,

Not only real-time content, but also all other stats in that cross-domain view. I cannot see any stats at all. I understand you may think that this is a GA question rather than a question for wpmudev. But the plugin allows for domain mapping, and it claims that it can send information to GA which includes the top-level domain names of each sub site. But in GA, I just can’t seem to view the top-level domain names of each sub site – i’ve followed the instructions in https://developers.google.com/analytics/devguides/collection/gajs/gaTrackingSite#keyComponents

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Hey BW

I’d like to take a look at the settings on your network to see if we’re missing something obvious. Also what type of an account have you set up classic or universal ? Make sure they match between your Google console and the one you have specified here in the plugin

Cheers

Jude

• Jude
    • DEV MAN

Howdy BW

First off, my sincere apologies about the delay here. In a rare case both Luis and myself were off on vacation at the same time and this somehow slipped through the gaps.

I will look into this ASAP for you. Can you please send in

Subject: “Attn: Jude

– WordPress super admin/ admin username + password

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– link back to this thread for reference

Select “I have a different question” for your topic – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me :slight_smile:

Contact Us

Thanks again for your patience

Cheers

Jude

• Luís
    • Support

Hi BW ,

Hope you’re doing well today!

I followed the tutorial you mentioned and I was able to set up cross domain tracking. Honestly, it took some time to display informations in the Google Analytics panel (more than 10 days I think) even in the Real Time feature.

1) In the Google Analytics account of my network, I created a copy of my “View”, following this:

https://support.google.com/analytics/answer/3256366

2) Then, I selected this new “View” in the Admin section:

and added a Filter to this new View:

Filter Type: Custom filter > Advanced

Field A: Hostname Extract A: (.*)

Field B: Request URI Extract B: (.*)

Output To: Request URI Constructor: $A1$B1

As I mentioned, it took some time, but now I am getting the info properly:

From what I checked in your network settings, everything seems to be well configured, so, have you followed all this procedure in the Google Analytics panel?

Cheers, Luís

• BW

Hi Luis,

I setup my GA filter exactly the way you described (please see attached) and this filter has been there since 26 August but the real time screen is still not showing anything (see attached).

However, when i go to each sub-site's Google Analytics screen, i can see their stats as per normal.

I don't know what i'm missing here. if you require my GA login to double check everything, please let me know.

• Luís
    • Support

Hi BW ,

Hope you're doing well today!

In the filter, you are using:

.*

I used:

(.*)

I am not sure this can make any difference. However, if's possible and as you already sent the super admin access to your network, can you send me the GA access?

Please send it privately through our contact form:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/contact/

Select "I have a different question" for your topic – this and the subject line ensure that it gets assigned to me.

Send in:

Subject: "Attn: Luis Lopes"

– GA (username + password)

– FTP credentials (host/username/password)

– Link back to this thread for reference

– Any other relevant urls/information

Cheers, Luís

• BW

Lius! it worked!!!!

I am blown! The brackets make all the difference. Thank you so much! I will look around and see if there’s any other problems and let you know. Othewise i’m very happy! thank you for your help. amazing!

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.