GA API changes and UI suggestion

First off, I think the potential on your plugin is awesome! There are so many benefits it provides that other solutions just don't have.

Currently I use Google Analyticator (http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/google-analyticator/) and I LOVE IT!

Unfortunately, it's being discontinued because Google Analytics is updating it's API and will break that plugin.

So my first question: Are you guys going to run into any issues with the new Google Analytics API changes?

And two: The Google Analyticator UI is awesome. Super easy and gives you all your GA stats right on your dashboard (the feature I'm going to miss more than anything). What's the likely hood of swiping functionality from the Analyticator and integrating it into Multisite Analytics? Is that a question I should be asking a programmer to hire them for the task?

Thanks in advance for your time and keep up the great work!

Sam

• aecnu

Greetings Sam,

Thank you for your feedback and great question.

Are you guys going to run into any issues with the new Google Analytics API changes?

I have no idea and seeing the mess that Facebook has made of their API's and there own plugin, this is certainly unpredictable. It has been going on with Facebook since the end of March and no end in sight. Totally pathetic in my opinion.

However, since I certainly do not know everything, I will see if I can summon the lead developer of Multisite Analytics in here to answer this question.

What's the likely hood of swiping functionality from the Analyticator and integrating it into Multisite Analytics?

I have no idea and I will leave this question to the person who will have an idea referring to the lead developer of Multisite Analytics.

Is that a question I should be asking a programmer to hire them for the task?

Once again I truly do not know and I will see if I can get the lead developer of Multisite Analytics in here with his invaluable insight into this plugin and it's future to answer these questions.

Though this may take a bit longer then a normal ticket, I will see about getting him in here asap.

Thank you for being a WPMU Dev Member!

Cheers, Joe

• Hakan

Hi Sam,

We don't see any issues about GA changes, but actually we are expecting that feedback from our users. You see, you are more dedicated users than us and you can see problems better than us. So please you tell me if there are some issues :slight_smile:

Regarding the UI, currently we don't have a plan for that. New feature requests here are evaluated by number of user requests and difficulty of the request. I can say that this feature request is not an easy one, but if there are enough votes, why not? :slight_smile:

I hope this helps,

Cheers,
    Hakan

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.