GA stops when another GA plugin is active

Hello WPMU,

I am a happy user of your Google Analytics + plugin, but recently I discovered that if I am using another Google Analytics plugin: https://wordpress.org/plugins/googleanalytics/ then Google Analytics + stops counting.
This is really frustrating, because our users really want to be able to inset a GA tracking code, so they can get deeper insight in their analytics.

I hope that it is possible to find a fix for this, or maybe use some other plugin for this, but I haven't been able to find one.

• Rupok

Hi Mathias,

So sorry for the inconvenience you are having. I will try to regenerate the same issue on my test site and I'll report to our developer as soon as I can regenerate this on my test site.

Now to regenerate this, I need some information. First of all, should I be checking this in a multisite instance? As you said your users want to be able to insert GA Tracking code, so I assume, it's a multisite. Can you please confirm?

And as our Google Analytics plugin already provide you option to set network wide tracking code from Network Dashboard, and also provides your site admins to put tracking code for their own site, I'm not sure why you will need two plugins for the same purpose. Can you please tell us why you need two Google Analytics plugin to run on your site? That will give us valuable insight regarding the use case.

And as you said "Google Analytics + stops counting", did you mean that your Google Analytics don't show any visitor data in your site dashboard, or it totally stops tracking? Does the other Google Analytics plugin code keep tracking your visitors?

Please send us all these details. I'll setup my site in the same way like your after you reply and will try to regenerate this conflict. If I can, I'll report this to our developer right away.

I'm looking forward to hearing from you and resolving this issue as soon as possible.

Have a nice day. Cheers!
    Rupok

• Nithin

Hi Mathias,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Once you network enable Google Analytics+ plugin, it will provide all the subsite admins to add the Site Tracking code, and the plugin automatically add the scripts related to it in the website. I checked the other plugin you have mentioned, and both the plugins seems to do the same functionality, and hence this can possibly cause conflicts in your system.

This is really frustrating, because our users really want to be able to inset a GA tracking code, so they can get deeper insight in their analytics.

Did you meant the analytics dashboard, when you said deeper insights? Could you please explain further what you are trying to achieve with that plugin, so that we could guide your better. And to have a better idea of this, could you please enable support access, so that we could check your current setup, and see if I'm missing something here.

You can grant access from WPMU DEV > Support > Support Access > Grant Access, or check this manual: http://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Please let us know once you enable access, so that we could get this sorted. Have a nice day. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.