Gallery Theme Navigation Menu

I love the theme, but I'm having a couple of problems with my navigation menu:

1. I can see the child pages in the navigation menu, however I am unable to click on them. There is a break between the main page and child pages. Once my mouse crosses that empty space the options disappear.

2. The pages won't seem to go in the order I've selected based on the page order function on each page. In fact, they seem to be listed in reverse order.

The theme is installed on http://GirlfriendsEnTourAge.com

Thanks!

Roxanne

• Tammie
    • WordPress Wizard

HI there and welcome to WPMU DEV. What browser are you unable to click on the menu items in? I want to test exactly what you are seeing if possible. Can you try also without any other plugins incase something is clashing - it sometimes will.

Also just as a note there is an update due for Gallery coming very soon with a ton of different features. This will come with WordPress 3.1.

• Roxanne
    • New Recruit

I'm working with Chrome. That's where the gap makes it difficult to scroll down to the child pages unless you're really quick.

However, I looked at the theme in Internet Explorer yesterday and it seemed really slow and weird. Can you please take a look at it in both? Maybe there is something I need to do to keep the photos from loading so slowly in IE. I don't personally use IE, but I know lots of people, do. Another thing I noticed is that I can barely see the "Log-in" or "Log-Out" in IE - though I have no problem seeing it in Chrome.

Thanks for your help, Tammie! I really, really appreciate it!

Roxanne

• DavidM
    • DEV MAN’s Mascot

Hello Roxanne,

Just wanted to give the thread a bump as we hadn't heard from you in a few. Is the theme working to your satisfaction at this point? I see the general slowness in IE but as Tammie mentioned, if you could try disabling some other plugins we'll be able to get a better idea for where that trouble is coming from.

Cheers,
    David

• Roxanne
    • New Recruit

Thanks David and Tammie!

I haven't had a chance to try the suggestion for disabling plugins until I find out which might be the culprit, but I will do it later this week.

I also fixed the menu order by using the WP 3.0 Menu feature and reversing the order of the pages. I am wondering if there is a way to hide the second (BuddyPress) menu from users who are not logged in.

Roxanne

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.