[Gallery theme] Slider on other pages than home page

Hi,
When I bought Gallery Theme, I didn't reallize the limitations of the theme. I assumed that I was able to use the nivo slider that is present on home page on every other pages. It's not possible yet, so I want to know if you could help me customize a page type (for exemple full sreen type) in order to delete code related to the full screen gallery, and insert the nivo slider...
Thanks a lot for you help

• Tammie

Hi and welcome to WPMU DEV. To add it simply in home.php copy - I removed the social buttons and options so you can put back in if want:

<?php
    	$slideshow = get_option('dev_gallery_slideshow');
    	$slideshowsize = get_option('dev_gallery_slideshowsize');
    	$catnavigation = get_option('dev_gallery_catnavigation');
    	$catnavigation_position = get_option('dev_gallery_catnavigation_position');
    ?>
    <?php if ($catnavigation == "yes") {
    	 	locate_template( array( '/library/components/navigation-gallery.php' ), true );
    } 

if ($slideshow == "yes") {
    	if ($slideshowsize == "full") {
    		locate_template( array( '/library/components/slideshow.php' ), true );
    	} else { locate_template( array( '/library/components/slideshow-partial.php' ), true ); }
    }

if (($homecontent == "") && ($socialbuttons == "") && ($slideshow == "")){
    	locate_template( array( '/library/components/slideshow-partial.php' ), true );
    }

?>

In your child theme create a new page and copy ALL of the contents from template- fullwidth.php.

Then before:

<div id="content-fullwidth">

Add in the code above.

I have not tried this it should work but if doesn't it's home.php and these files linked from there which should give you a hint as to what to use.

• cardamome

Thank you Tammie.
    I did what you said. It works, but as the code in slideshow.php is the same as in home page, slides are the same as home page, they are not those I put in the fullwidth page.
    I want that slideshow in fullwidth page show the images I put in the page

To do so, I tryed to create a custom-slideshow.php, copy slideshow.php, and modify it, but I don't see how the photos are selected from the database in this template.

• Tammie

They will be the same yes. To have different ones would require a custom edit as simply not the way this theme is created. You will have to look at the theme options pages also as they are uploaded there.

I strongly recommend you either get a plugin or have this as a custom job unless you are happy with some fairly advanced coding and picking through files. It's not something we can 100% support either as not how this theme is even designed.

The information I gave you should give you some insight the rest would be down to you or the custom developer. We don't always recommend this but you really want something different from what the theme does.