Gallery Theme - UI bugs and no slider images appearing

First question is - is this theme up for WP 3.3 yet? If not, what should I revert to (I wanna show it off right away).

If so, well then I'm really struggling to get out of the gate:

I attempted to add a logo, but then realized I had to reduce the logo (which I think is a normal size header style logo) by a full 50% in order to get the whole logo into the tiny crop area. I'm a bit confused navigating this area - there is no 'browse' button to select a different image once one is selected, and the cancel button doesn't appear to do anything, so I had to refresh, or back out, and then go back in.

Once the image is in, I can't seem to adjust the crop size, as any attempt to drag the area, snaps it to about 40% and then I'm unable to pull it back (see attached). It's just stuck there. (See screen shot attached).

Then when I view the site, the default red 'Gallery' logo still appears. I thought maybe I was supposed to change Advanced Options/Show custom header to Yes but that's not it.

I tried to add slides as well, and while the text captions do appear, the images don't, (I'm referring to the home page slider/gallery, ie added from the Home Page options.)

Sorry this is a bit of wandering note but I'm just having so many UI issues there's too much to list - just need some help getting on track!

Thanks!

• DavidM

Hi jjsararas,

The logo is a bit more limited in dimensions than, say, the header (which optimally is 980 × 100). You can use the header option by enabling it via the "Show custom header" option at Gallery Theme > Advanced Options in the Home Builder tab.

I think that may also sort the Gallery image you mentioned as well. Perhaps that'll work for you rather than the logo?

You potentially could hide the logo section altogether by adding the following to the theme's stylesheet too (Appearance > Editor):
    #branding { display: none; }

As for the Slider, it seems the image dimensions would have to be 750 x 350. Could you try using images of those dimensions?

The theme does mention the dimension restriction when you attempt to upload a slide image, and that could probably be specified there before trying the upload. We can have a look at that, but in any case, the images would be optimal for the slider with those dimensions.

Could you let me know how all that would work for you?

Thanks,
    David

• Mason

Hiya,

As we haven't heard back from you we're going to assume the problem was sorted out and mark this ticket as resolved.

If it wasn't resolved, or you have any more questions related to this thread please feel free to post them below and tick the 'Mark as Not Resolved (re-open)' box below the post area (or else we'll miss it!)

Otherwise, thanks for using the forums, and for being a member of WPMU DEV, it's a pleasure to help you out and we look forward to being of assistance in the future.

Thanks