Gallery theme - Youtube in Social buttons

I think many of your users (like me) would get good use out of adding YouTube as one of the account link options in the Advanced Options section of the Gallery Theme.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hiya,

Thanks for posting on the forums.

I have moved this to the right category and have sent a note to our lead developer to see if it can make a good feature for future release of this theme.

You already have my +1 on this great idea :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

I got it how to do it for now :slight_smile:

PS : This is a core modification and any theme updates would undo these changes so its better to do it as a child theme.

Steps for core changes:

1: Download the attached option-functions.zip and upload the file inside it to /wp-content/themes/gallery/library/functions and replace the option-functions.php there or rename the old file to option-functions.php.bak before the upload

2: Download the attached option-socialbuttons.zip and upload the file inside it to /wp-content/themes/gallery/library/components and replace the option-socialbuttons.php there or rename the old file to option-socialbuttons.php.bak before the upload

3: Download the attached youtube.zip and upload the file inside to /wp-content/themes/gallery/library/styles/images

Once done, you will find the youtube option in the theme settings and on the frontend as well :wink:

Here is a screenshot in action !

If we get more requests for it to be added to the theme, it might be considered to be added to the future releases else you can simply use it as I suggested above :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• draytond
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

Wow, thanks! I went through all the steps in my child theme (creating the same directories within the theme "gallery-child") but unfortunately I'm still not seeing the option to enter a YouTube account. Is there any info I can give you that'll help debug why I'm not seeing it?

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Woo !

I did not test that in the Child theme. Just the parent theme.

Can you please send me your login details via our secure contact form

1: Mark the email to my attention

Attn: PC

2: Include a link of this thread in the email

3: Include FTP and WordPress super admin details.

4: While filling the form, select "I have a different question" from the list.

Looking forward for a response on this.

Cheers
    PC

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey there,

Unfortunately that would not work with a child theme from what I tested.

For now, I have made the changes to the main theme (So make sure that if you do a theme update, the changes would be lost and will have to be redone) and its working fine.

I will still keep on looking if this can be added to a future release of the theme and if I can get it working on a child theme.

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey @draytond

Thanks for standing by. I tested and putting it in a child theme is not possible.

Currently it can not be added to a future release of the theme as this hasn't been a very popular request. Infact you are the only person who requested that.

I am afraid, you'd need to use it the way it is now. Whenever there is any theme update, you can simply put those files back as I suggested above :slight_smile:

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

You are most certainly welcome :slight_smile:

You can still keep a current backup of the theme and the files I have uploaded in my response above so that in case you want to add it you have the files handy !

Cheers
    PC
    Sales &Support

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.