Gap in lay-out

Hi

I experience some lay-out issue with the Blogs mu theme.
Just above the footerbar there is a gap in the lay-out.
See the image I included.

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey januitgever!

That's quite the gap! Let's get this sorted for you...

First up, I'm going to need a bit more information...

Which browser (e.g. Internet Explorer, Firefox, Safari, Chrome) are you seeing that in? Do you see it in other browsers? Can we have a link to the site where you're seeing it so we can look ourselves?

Do you still see the gap when you've turned off all plugins? If you don't, turn them back on one by one and see which one brings back the gap.

Are you using the latest version of WordPress? If not, upgrade and see if that fixes your problem.

Are you using the latest version of the theme? If not, upgrade that and see if the gap remains.

Let me know the answers to all those and if you're still seeing a gap we can troubleshoot a bit more :slight_smile:

Phil

• januitgever
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

Hi Phil,

I am using the latest version of Wordpress 3.1 and installed the latest version of Blogs mu for Buddypress 1.2.8

In all major browsers the gap stays visible.

Our site is not public at this time. So I suggest I sent you a PM with an user account so you can login.
    Then you can also check the issue with the widgets which cannot be dragged or activated.
    I managed to activate a plugin by assigning it to a sidebar ... not dragging.
    But then I cannot assign a second widget to the same sidebar.
    I would appreciate if you could look.

Thanks
    Jan

• Philip John
    • DEV MAN’s Apprentice

Hey Jan,

Can you confirm you've tried this for me please?:

Do you still see the gap when you've turned off all plugins? If you don't, turn them back on one by one and see which one brings back the gap.

The next step after that is to use a tool like Firebug to see what styles are affecting the area where you can see that gap.

Phil

• januitgever

Hi Phil,

I forget to mention that I am using the multisite functionality in wordpress.
    After deactivating all plugins the gap still remains visible.
    I checked it with firebug and it seems that the left sidebar blocks the background footer-shade.jpg to repeat correctly.

I cannot find a solution for this.
    Can you check this on the site?

• AltisonaMedia
    • Site Builder, Child of Zeus

I think the gap is due to the image used for the shading on the right hand side of the widget area. it is actually quite a tall image to cover the very gradual gradient of the shading.

If you have little or no info in the widget area there is an overlap between the shading for the right hand side of the sidebar and the shading bar above the footer area.

try adding some widgets or some content to the page or post to extend the viewable page and it will probably disappear.

• januitgever

I tried making the image smaller but that has no influence on the gap.
    Only when I put sufficient content on the page the gap disappears because the sidebar is not in contact with the footer area.

Hopefully wpmudev knows how to resolve this design issue.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.