Gateway Malfunction but API & Transaction keys confirmed

Every time I try to process a transaction, it just dumps the customer back to the Subscription purchase screen. No transaction is shown in the Transactions report under authorize.net. Authorize.net doesn't show any declined transactions. I've tried it with weblink off and weblink on at Authorize.net. I've changed out the transaction key multiple times. Odd thing is that it worked a couple of weeks ago but now that we've gone live, it no longer works which is a major problem. Any advice or help is appreciated.
Also thought I'd add that we have Marketpress installed as well and the Authorize.net AIM gateway installed with the same API and transaction keys and it works fine. On Membership Pro, we are not using the AIM gateway because it says it's depreciated (not sure why one would and one wouldn't use AIM). I've tried the AIM gateway on Membership Pro side with the exact same settings as the AIM Gateway on Marketpress and trying to buy something returns a "Purchase Error". Very frustrating.

• dave

Now I'm more confused than most days :slight_smile: I switched the Register/Pay from Pop-up to regular pages and it now works. I switched back to Pop-Up just to verify that is the problem and it stopped working again. So something is apparently wrong with that method. It's not the major problem with the association being offline but it's odd. Any ideas? I wonder - I get a message that says the site is encrypted with obsolete cryptography (SHA1) - so my SSL cert isn't a good one?? "The connection uses TLS 1.2." it says. But it works now. Any thoughts on reversing my confusion here are welcome.

• Vinod Dalvi

Hi Dave,

Sorry to hear of the problem you are having.

I get a message that says the site is encrypted with obsolete cryptography (SHA1) - so my SSL cert isn't a good one??

This Algorithms are broken : We can manually generate false certificates given only the md5 signature, for instance.

Many weaknesses have been found is SHA-1 to this day, it is being considered obsolete, security experts think this weakness may soon come, and are banishing SHA-1-signed certificates by 2016

Find more information about it on the following page.

http://tinsology.net/2010/12/is-sha1-still-viable/

I switched the Register/Pay from Pop-up to regular pages and it now works. I switched back to Pop-Up just to verify that is the problem and it stopped working again.

I checked it on your site and found you are regular registration page, to troubleshoot the issue could you please try temporary switching it back to Pop-Up so that i can test it?

Would you mind if I logged in to your site and did some troubleshooting? This might help get to the bottom of this faster. If this is ok, just grant me temporary admin access to your site by clicking "Grant Access" button in the WPMU DEV Dashboard Settings as described on the following page and reply on this thread after granting it?

https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/wpmu-dev-dashboard-enabling-staff-login/

Kind Regards,
    Vinod Dalvi

• dave

Hi Vinod - I'm happy to have you look at it. The only concern I have is that the customer that alerted me to the issue is going to try to sign up again tonight and pay for his membership now that I've switched it over to the regular page. It would be fine if you logged in and set it to Pop Up, tested it and then turned it back to regular page if you can do that somewhat quickly? Or if you can do it late in the evening (we are Pacific Time USA) after he's likely not up anymore. I just don't want to put him through more hassles. I've granted access. For the time being, it's OK as regular page, although I liked the pop-up functionality.
    Thanks Vinod!
    Dave

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.