gcal location will not carry over to appointments+

This is normally a closed site. I will open for the duration of this ticket. click HERE to view the page in question.

I am creating a company extranet. I need employees to be able to reserve one of two rooms for various times and have these times be repeatable. I accomplished this by using appointments+, assigning 2 "providers" each with their own location: provider 1 has room1 and provider 2 has room 2. I use the google calendar to set up requests for recurring meetings and have the location on the gcal as room 1 or room 2. Everything seems to be working fine except all meetings that I put in the gcal transfer over as room 1 even if they are designated room 2.

This is causing the "available times shown" to show available all the time for one room and available only a few times for the other room.

Please let me know if there is an easier way to do this.

• Tyler Postle
    • CGO

Hey Andy,

Hope you're doing well today!

It sounds like you will want to setup gcal per provider instead. By default gcal appointments will just be assigned to "No preference provider".

If you turn on the option in Appointments > Settings > Gcal. "Allow service providers for google calendar API integration" Then each service provider can have their own unique gcal set from their profile, or same gcal - but important part is that now the appointments will be assigned directly to that service provider and it should have their room shown too since each service provider has just one location. How does that sound?

Hope this helps! Let us know if you need any further assistance on this :slight_smile:

All the best,
    Tyler

• voltaicrose
    • The Incredible Code Injector

I went through the steps and set up a second gcal and attached it to "provider 2". I checked all the settings so that provider 1 with calendar 1 in room 1 corresponded in both A+ and on the google calendar.

I then logged into "provider 2" checked to make sure all settings corresponded for provider 2 calendar 2 and room 2. I did the test connection in the A+ settings and the connection is good for both and I imported and updated events from Gcal.

However, now my whole calendar is showing available. It appears as if there are no appointments reserved by gcal are now showing the new same room still.

I think the problem is that when I log in as provider 1 in WP and change the settings in A+ for google calendar "kay file name" "Service account email address" and "Calendar to be used" it changes in provider 2 wp A+ settings. If I change it in Provider 2 wp A+ settings it then changes it in provider 1's settings also.

• voltaicrose

Okay. I got it working.
    How I fixed it:
    1. I had to create 3 keys and 3 calendars for two locations ( so in theory if I needed 3 locations I would need 4 keys and calendars etc...)
    2. I assigned key 1 calendar 1 and location 1 to the main setting under A+ -> settings -> google calendar
    3. I assigned key 2 calendar 2 and location 2 to provider A by logging in to provider A and going to users -> your profile -> A+ settings
    4. I assigned key 3 calendar 3 and location 3 to provider B by logging in to provider B and going to users -> your profile -> A+ settings

I used the same google profile and just set up different calendars for the main settings and each location and then made sure that each calendar had the correct appointment for each location. I also noticed that when I put in a location in the address spot on the gcal it seemed to cause errors occasionally. I think perhaps it would be useful if the direction on setup were clearer on how to accomplish this. Thank you for your help!

• voltaicrose

The problem was that it was blocking all appointment times on one location when you requested an appointment at either location. So if I had room 1 was available and room 2 was unavailable it was not letting users book room 1 but was showing room 2 as available. In short it was putting all providers and locations on one calender until I set up the three calenders.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.