Gday people, I have a multisite running with Buddypress

Gday people,

I have a multisite running with Buddypress and BBpress installed. On top of that I use the Site Categories plugin and I would like to have an Avatar added to that, so I need the blog avatar functionality from the Avatars plugin without interfering with Buddypress.

Any suggestions on this?

Cheers,

Ronald

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Ronald,

Greetings and thanks for posting on the forums.

Our Avatars plugin is not compatible with BuddyPress atm as BuddyPress has its own avatar system and they simply do not work with each other.

Having blog avatars is on the roadmap for future releases of BuddyPress : http://buddypress.org/about/roadmap/

For now, if you want that you will need to make some custom modifications. You can post a job requirement here if you want someone to do that for you : https://premium.wpmudev.org/wpmu-jobs/

I hope that helps. Please feel free to ask if you have more questions on the same.

Cheers

PC

• Dutchman
    • The Bug Hunter

Hey PC,

Thanks for the fast feedback. Also for reminding me of the buddypress roadmap.

I’ll just wait until the feature will be added to buddypress.

Cheers,

Ronald

ps

How weird is that the tittle of this post is not the tittle I wrote. Funny.

Fortunately this is post is resolved and lets hope nobody will look at it again :wink:

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey @dutchmen

Greetings and thanks for writing back.

You are most certainly welcome :slight_smile:

How weird is that the tittle of this post is not the tittle I wrote.

That is indeed strange. Please do let us know if you see the same issue again.

I will however also test this by creating a test post myself.

Cheers, PC

• Mike Price
    • The Incredible Code Injector

It seems a lot of threads here have titles that are reflecting the first 6 or 7 words or so of their message. I suspected that this is because they were forgetting to input a title and the forum was simple taking an excerpt of the message and sticking it in the title field.

I noticed this started happening recently because some of the titles didn’t make any sense.

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Hey Mike,

I just tested that live by creating a few test questions and it appears to be working fine.

I will really appreciate if you could be my eyes and ears on this and if you see anything like that again, just @tag me on that thread so that we can find a pattern in that happening.

@dutchmen : How did you create this thread ? Did you write the info first in a notepad and then copy pasted it in the ask a question page ?

What did you use ? Start a discussion or Ask a question ?

Anything you noticed while creating a thread ?

This is something which I would like to track to find a pattern in that issue.

Cheers, PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.