GDPR compliance question

I'm using Defender and Snapshot Pro on my site. As I know, these plugins could store my data on your cloud servers.

I'm just struggling to identify where your cloud servers are held. I can't see it on that document and apparently I have to confirm if the company can demonstrate they will protect European user’s privacy and data

Do you still store data from my sites in the US? I have read that some of your cloud-based services take the info from my site and stores them in the US. As part of GDPR, I have to have these stored in the UK.

• Ronnie Burt
    • Hosting & Biz Dev

Hi Bevan - Snapshot's managed backups are currently all stored in the US. There are other options to choose other services - like an Amazon S3 bucket or FTP of your choice which could allow for backups in other locations as part of the Snapshot settings instead of our managed backups. It is on our list to have other location options for managed backups too.

That being said, I don't believe that the GDPR requires that data is stored in the UK. I believe that you are required to store data in locations and with businesses that have published practices and policies that meet and exceed GDPR. For example, our privacy policy has been approved for inclusion in the US/EU Privacy Shield Framework. You can also contact us at contact@wpmudev.org and ask for a full Data Privacy Addendum to have in place - which should more than meet your needs.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.