General Marketpress questions

Hello,

We have the following requirements and I am really hoping Marketpress will work. Please let me know your thoughts.

1) 5000+ products
2) Some products are from a couple affiliate programs we joined, other products we will ship, and some other products will be fulfilled for us.
3) UPS, USPS, FedEx shipping rates? real time rates from their websites?
4) Use a data feed for product input?
5) How are product images handled? I have worked with ecommerce software that stores a link to the image in the database and others that store the image in the database.

Thanks!
Rhek

• Arun Basil Lal

Hey Rhek,

Here we go.

1) 5000+ products

Shouldn't be a problem as long as you have the infrastructure for it. 5000 products would make the database quite huge, plus the traffic. We are looking at a VPS at least.

2) Some products are from a couple affiliate programs we joined, other products we will ship, and some other products will be fulfilled for us.

Easily Possible. You have the option to link to external sites when you create a Product Listing, so linking to Affiliate Programs is taken care of.

3) UPS, USPS, FedEx shipping rates? real time rates from their websites?

Real Time rates cannot the fetched by default. Maybe provide a link to the user to the Shipping Site (or a page on your site) with the updated shipping rates, or do something custom for this.

4) Use a data feed for product input?

Nothing like this is included by default. You can use a csv and import data. I think a combination of Auto Blog and MarketPress would work, maybe try it out.

5) How are product images handled? I have worked with ecommerce software that stores a link to the image in the database and others that store the image in the database.

The images are not stored in the database (if it did, 5000 products would make a very huge database). Images are stored in the wp-content folder, just like any other WordPress posts.

Hope this helps.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.