OK... so I am trying to decide between Paypal Pro vs. Express for my project. If someone could shed some light on the whole SSL thing as it relates to ProSites and using PayPal Pro, I would be very thankful! I just want to make sure I understand how it works so I can make an informed and *somewhat* educated decision!
1. Do I need to get the SSL certificate on the main domain (www.maindomain.com) or just for the page with the check out form on it (www.maindomain.com/checkout) ?
2. If I get the SSL for the main domain, does that mean that the site will always be reached at https:// now or does the https:// only kick in when the checkout process is initiated by the plugin?
3. If the SSL is on the main domain, then how does that affect mapped domains and other plugins that reference the site at http:// vs. https://
4. If I decide to use Paypal Pro with an SSL, then where is the customer credit card data stored? I assume my servers, but is that correct? If I use PayPal Express, then the data would be stored at PayPal?
5. Suppose I have a sub domain multisite install ... I assume that I would need a Wildcard SSL in order for each of my sub sites to have an SSL and the regular SSL is only good for the main domain, correct? Suppose one of the sub sites then uses Domain Mapping, then would that SSL no longer work on the sub site and that sub site mapped domain would need to get it's own SSL?
That's it for now...
Thanks in advance! Jennifer