General Questions About my Business Setup

Hello!

I have this business idea and would like to see if you guys can help me explain a little bit further how your plugins could help :wink:

I plan to use the new upfront framework to create an “easy to DIY website service”. I plan to give a free version that will allow users to create a simple webpage. This version would have an ad on the header and the footer of the page, advertising my own business. (Like “this site was created free using XX, you can create your own too”)

After that, I want to create a level that will give them the ability to use their own domain, but still have my ads. This will have more disk space also. (I plan to remove the ads by creating a “remove ads plugin” that is available at this level, but I don’t know how to make those ads “not removable in the other version, what do you recommend?)

Next, there would be another level with more space and the ability to remove ads.

I this last plan, I would like to give them a free domain for the first year if they pay the year plan.

Besides those levels, I want to have different modules:

- Email Marketing, paid by email credits.
- Shopping Cart (this will require to pay a eCommerce level)
- Live Chat, eventually.
- Etc.

These modules I want to sell separately. They will not work in cascade mode, since maybe one person might want only the email marketing module but not the shopping cart or vice versa.

Could the plugins be available in one level, but make a payment required in order to activate them?

Thank you!

• Patrick

Hi there @Carlos Divas

Welcome to WPMU DEV, glad to have you aboard!

For your network-wide footer and header requirements, you'll want to use our Ultimate Branding plugin which also gives you a whole bunch more modules that you can enable as you need them:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/ultimate-branding/

For the domain mapping you want to offer your users, how about our Domain Mapping plugin? It integrates perfectly with Pro Sites:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/domain-mapping/

As for the disk space and ads that you want to enable/disable per site, those are both included as default features in Pro Sites:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

Our Domain Mapping plugin includes the ability to sell domain names using either Enom or WHMCS as the reseller. However, there is no bui8lt-in functionality to offer discounts or freebies, so that would need some more thinking.

As for the other plugins you want to offer, there is the Premium Plugins module in Pro Sites that can be used for this. However, there is currently no way to make that a pay-per-plugin kind of thing. But you can include any plugin combination you want in any Pro Site level, and either set them to be auto-activated, or leave the activation up to your users.

• Carlos

Hello @Patrick

Will the Ultimate Branding work for the front end? The idea is to have an ad in both, the footer and header to display in the front end of the site.

That way I promote my services with the free versions.

---

Can a built in system to create those discounts or freebies be created? Is that possible?

---

I dont think different plugin combinations for different levels could work, since they work in a cascade type. Am I right?

What can I do If a client A want to pay only for the email marketing, client B want a shopping cart and client C want both, email marketing and shopping cart?

• Ash

Hello @Carlos Divas

I hope you are well today.

Will the Ultimate Branding work for the front end?

Yes, it does work for front end :slight_smile:

Can a built in system to create those discounts or freebies be created? Is that possible?

Please explain this a little more.

What can I do If a client A want to pay only for the email marketing, client B want a shopping cart and client C want both, email marketing and shopping cart?

This is not possible. Once you enable a plugin for a level, all the upper levels will get access. What you can do is to create a level for shopping cart, then who wants both just enable the plugin manually for him.

Cheers
    Ash

• Carlos

Hello Ashok.

I am doing well indeed. What about you?

Will the Ultimate Branding work for the front end?

Yes, it does work for front end :slight_smile:

Great! I would like to do something similar to this: http://heytherecd.wix.com/prueba1

Please explain this a little more.

What I want to achieve is that if someone buys the premium level for one whole year, that he gets a domain free for the first year. That way I can have more sales.

Also, I would like to see if a godaddy reseller could be placed also.

This is not possible. Once you enable a plugin for a level, all the upper levels will get access. What you can do is to create a level for shopping cart, then who wants both just enable the plugin manually for him.

Sound like a good way around it. However, how could I manage payments if I go for that option?

Is there any "Pay per plugin" or "plugin store" idea/feature that is planned to be implemented? If not, do you know any other option that could be implemented?

That way, I can show them the "plugin store" after they reach a certain level, so that they can buy different plugins to get different features.

Thank you!

• Ash

Hello @Carlos Divas

What I want to achieve is that if someone buys the premium level for one whole year, that he gets a domain free for the first year.

We have enom reseller integrated with domain mapping, but that doesn't provide any free domain. You have to handle this manually.

However, how could I manage payments if I go for that option?

There are two payment gateways integrated in Pro Sites plugin - Paypa and Stripe. You can also take manual payments. But there is no pay per plugin system, I am afraid.

You can know more about Pro Sites here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/#usage

Cheers
    Ash

• Ash

Hello @Carlos Divas

I just want to add some more here :slight_smile:

If you use WHMCS and WHMCS integration plugin, then you can offer a free domain, yes :slight_smile:

About showing ad for free level sites, the best option would be using the advertise modules in Pro Sites plugin. So you can show advertise up to a certain level. We have some more premium modules integrated in Pro Sites plugin, like post/page quota, upload quota, premium themes etc. You can check details here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/pro-sites/

About the freebies/discounts, you can offer a trial. For example, you can offer a 15 days trial to have full access. Besides you can create coupon to offer discounts.

In my last reply, I mentioned about three payment options though, but if you want to manually enable a plugin for a subsite, then you have to bear with manual payments gateway as this won't be automatic.

Cheers
    Ash

• Carlos

Hello Ash! Great news.

If you use WHMCS and WHMCS integration plugin, then you can offer a free domain, yes :slight_smile:

If I use WHMCS and WHMCS integration plugin, I will then be able to choose to offer them a free domain only if they paid for the whole year?

Also, will users have to create all their site and everything from wordpress or from WHMCS??

Do you know how much I need to pay to use WHMCS?

About showing ad for free level sites, the best option would be using the advertise modules in Pro Sites plugin. So you can show advertise up to a certain level.

Great news. I will install and try it out. The advertising I want to put is a fixed footer (that should not appear if they are using a smartphone) and a fixed header (that should change when using a smartphone). Will this ads work with that feature?

About the freebies/discounts, you can offer a trial. For example, you can offer a 15 days trial to have full access. Besides you can create coupon to offer discounts.

I plan to give a free level with some limitations, and then move up in pricing. If I see that poeple never buy, then I will remove the free level and change it for a free trial instead.

But there is no pay per plugin system, I am afraid.

Do you think this could be a good feature request? (or plugin by its own). To be able to have some sort of App Store for clients to buy only what they need.

Thank you!

• Ash

Hello @Carlos Divas

If I use WHMCS and WHMCS integration plugin, I will then be able to choose to offer them a free domain only if they paid for the whole year?

That needs to be done in WHMCS side. You can check this: http://docs.whmcs.com/Common_Promotions

Also, will users have to create all their site and everything from wordpress or from WHMCS??

Once you enable our WHMCS integration plugin, the member will be able to do everything from wordpress.

Do you know how much I need to pay to use WHMCS?

You can check details here: http://www.whmcs.com/order-now/

The advertising I want to put is a fixed footer (that should not appear if they are using a smartphone) and a fixed header (that should change when using a smartphone). Will this ads work with that feature?

Yes, this is possible. But to hide or change for smartphone you need to use css media query: http://css-tricks.com/snippets/css/media-queries-for-standard-devices/

Do you think this could be a good feature request?

You are always welcome to create a feature request. Just create a new thread and start title with Feature Request: YOUR REQUEST.

Please note that, when a feature request is created it doesn't confirm to be implemented into the plugin, rather it depends on the vote (+1) from other members in that thread.

Hope it helps :slight_smile: Please feel free to ask more question if you have.

Cheers
    Ash

• Andre Foisy

Hello there @Carlos Divas

I hope you're going well :slight_smile:

You can use both Pro Sites and WHMCS with our WHMCS integration plugin. Pro Sites is used to control who can uses what, at which level and for what $x in the WordPress environment, while WHMCS integration plugin brings in the hosting account management side of things, but within WordPress.

See the complete details here:
    https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-wordpress-integration/ :slight_smile:

Cheers,
    Andre

• Michael Bissett

Hi @Carlos Divas,

You would actually want to bring in one more plugin, that being our WHMCS MU Provisioning plugin:

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/whmcs-multisite-provisioning/

Pro Sites would offer the premium features you're looking to offer to your users (e.g. additional upload space, the ability to remove ads), and our WHMCS WP Integration would bring the WHMCS experience to your WordPress site, but with our WHMCS MU Provisioning plugin thrown into the mix, you can integrate Pro Sites with WHMCS (offering the Pro Sites levels as packages inside of WHMCS).

This would allow you to offer a free domain with a Pro Sites level, you would just need to make sure that a free domain is included with the product created inside of WHMCS for the Pro Sites level. :slight_smile:

(you can read more on integrating Pro Sites with WHMCS MU Provisioning by having a look at the "Pro Sites Integration" section on the usage page)

And when our WHMCS MU Provisioning plugin is in use with Pro Sites, the payments for the Pro Sites levels would be handled by WHMCS.

Hope this helps, let us know if you have any more questions please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Michael Bissett

Hi @Carlos Divas,

I just have one more question, what is the difference between your two WHMCS plugins? I don't really understad the difference...

Not a problem, I'd be more than glad to explain this for you. :slight_smile:

With our WHMCS WP Integration plugin, that brings the user interface of WHMCS into WordPress, so that instead of your users having to move off of your site in order to make orders, check their accounts, etc, from inside of WHMCS, they can just log in to the client portal on your site.

Now, regarding our WHMCS MU Provisioning plugin, that provides an entirely different function. In this case, WHMCS MU Provisioning allows you to manage certain aspects of your Multisite, so that you can do things like:

- Sell websites on your Multisite network (so you can act as a hosting provider)
    - Sell domain names for subsites registered on your network, and have them mapped for you with our Domain Mapping plugin
    - Bill through WHMCS, so that when they don’t pay, their website will be closed down and archived until payment is made
    - And of course, offer Pro Sites levels as packages inside of WHMCS :slight_smile:

In short:

- WHMCS WP Integration brings the experience of WHMCS into your WordPress site
    - WHMCS MU Provisioning allows you to manage various aspects of your Multisite using WHMCS

Does that clear things up? Let me know if I can be of further assistance here please! :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Michael

• Andre Foisy

Hello there @Carlos Divas

Welcome back, I hope you are going well today!

You could add the following WHMCS add-on to offer email accounts service.
    http://www.docs.modulesgarden.com/Zimbra_Email_For_WHMCS
    Here's another one
    http://www.resellerclub-mods.com/en/products/provisioning-modules/r-e-e-hosting-module.html

Not sure of what you mean by knowing a "good email mailbox provider" though.

For users who don't pay, you certainly can move them back to free limited access level.

Cheers!
    Andre

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.