General Questions About the Provisioning

Hello.

I am working on a project that involves Pro Sites and New Blog templates. Since I want to be able to offer a free domain for the first period and also sell email account (and give some free accounts for certain levels) I am also thinking on using WHMCS.

The idea is for people to easily sign up for a 7 days free trial in the network. The problem is that when creating their account in WHMCS the simplicity is lost, because WHMCS ask for a lot of information.

Here comes my first question:

1. Is it possible for someone to create their free account and site directly on wordpress, and if they decide to upgrade to a paid plan go to WHMCS and create an account with the same email? Will this create a new site for them, or will it be able to link their existing site to the upgrade?

2. If WHMCS would not recognize the demo site for the upgrade, is there any way to create some custom code for this to work.

If you have any suggestions, they are more than welcome.

Thank you!

• Tyler Postle

Hey Carlos,

1. Is it possible for someone to create their free account and site directly on wordpress, and if they decide to upgrade to a paid plan go to WHMCS and create an account with the same email? Will this create a new site for them, or will it be able to link their existing site to the upgrade?

This wouldn't work because it won't link the pro site with the account when updating.

If they paid through WHMCS then it would create a new site for them. There is some integration between Pro Sites and WHMCS as you may have seen, you can define which Pro Site level is assigned to a WHMCS product. All billing and account changes will be done through WHMCS in that case.

2. If WHMCS would not recognize the demo site for the upgrade, is there any way to create some custom code for this to work.

I think it would be possible, but it would require a good amount of custom work to do. Not something a simple snippet wouldn't be able to offer.

In my opinion, going with a purely Pro Sites setup might be the better option for you as we do have a reseller option within Domain Mapping where you can use eNom instead and sell the domain within the WP dashboard. So you don't need WHMCS for that part.

You would need to setup the email externally; however, I think managing that might be easier than customizing WHMCS integration.

Hope this helps! If you have any further questions just let us know.

Cheers,
    Tyler

• Tyler Postle

Hey Carlos,

Is this really what you wanted to say?

Oops :smiley: I meant to say that it's not something a simple snippet would be able to offer. So it's not something that would be easily implemented.

- How would you manage email accounts?

With eNom you can preset the MX records that the newly purchased domain will be set too, so you can already set those at whichever email hosting solution you are wanting to go with then include the cost of the email accounts in the plan and when they purchase it and setup the domain you can add their email through the email hosting service you chose. Then they will be good to go.

- Will the WHMCS approach work with New Blog Templates? If so, where in the process will it fit?

Only the default template option does. So you can't select a new blog template through the WHMCS purchase process but you can set a default template that will be applied to all new sites.

So again, that is another reason you may want to stick with Pro Sites instead as you would be able to take full advantage of the Blog Templates.

Hope that helps!

Cheers,
    Tyler

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.