General Questions cannot be translated

Dear friends,

I translated words General Questions in my language file, but it is still does not work.

Where can be a problem?

Thanks,

Martin

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hey Martin,

That is strange. I checked up the plugin file and every mention of “General Questions” is ready for translation:

__('General Questions', INCSUB_SUPPORT_LANG_DOMAIN)

Are you sure you have translated that in the language file? I know it sounds silly, but please re-check your translation file and let me know? Thanks!

• Arun Basil Lal
    • New Recruit

Hello Martin,

I discussed this with Moha and here is the explanation.

When the plugin is activated, the category name General Questions is stored into the database. The word “General Questions” isn’t fetched from a plugin file, but read from the WordPress database.

So if the translation is applied after the plugin is activated it would work.

Here is what you can do, go to your WordPress database, find the table: wp_support_faq_cats and edit the category name in there.

Hope this helps. Let me know how that goes. Good luck!

• PC
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Heya Martin,

Just a quick update to let you know that I have sent another note to our Lead developer Moha.

Our super Devs have been too busy updating all the plugins/themes to make sure that they are compatible with the latest WP 3.4 release.

Moha should be back on this thread soon.

Thanks again for your patience on this thread and being a great WPMU DEV Member !

Cheers

PC

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.