General WordPress – Fixing Database Erros

Hi,

I have the WP Developer plugin installed in my Multisite install. When I’m in the admin the Debug panel is reporting 7 DB Errors and they repeat the same error message:

DESCRIBE IF;

You have an error in your SQL syntax; check the manual that corresponds to your MySQL server version for the right syntax to use near ‘IF’ at line 1

It also mentions this: SAVEQUERIES must be defined to show the query log.

MySQL database has crashed twice in the last week, once after simply updating a post and the other time I’m not sure what triggered it.

I have a lot of front-end dev experience but I’m not sure where to start or how to fix this. My hosting company is not helping. Any thoughts or guidance is greatly appreciated!

Thanks,

Joel

• Ash
    • WordPress Hacker

Hello @operapreneur

I hope you are well today and thanks for asking the question.

You have to fins out which plugin or theme is generating these errors. Would you please run a plugin conflict test? Please deactivate all plugins except this one and check if you still face the problem. If not, then enable one by one and check which one is causing the problem. You can see the flowchart here: https://premium.wpmudev.org/manuals/using-wpmu-dev/getting-support/

Please let me know what you get.

Cheers

Ash

• Operapreneur
    • Design Lord, Child of Thor

I believe it was actually an error with the Pro Sites plugin. I’m not exactly sure what triggered it but the Pro-Sites page that the plugin generates was not displaying the signup form and for some reason it had replicated the page 3 times so I had pro-sites-1, pro-sites-2, pro-sites-3.

In any case, I trashed the pages and resubmitted the Pro Sites settings form and the Database errors went away. I installed a new custom made theme a few weeks back so it may have been a related bug issue.

Thanks. It’s resolved.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.