General WPMU Network Setup QA

Hi,
could you please help me out with the right Network Setup?

When it comes to Plugins, should I activate them for the whole network? You have a lot of plugins that are usefull to administer a Network but these are not good if a user sees them. What is the best way to proceed?

Can I globally hide the plugin section at all, so that endusers just see specific navigation?

Do you have a general recommendation guide for a Network-Setup?

Goal: For our small agency customers we do not want to setup single Worpdress-Installations anymore but work with a network. We want to reduce costs to manage a lot of single installations of small customers.

Thanks
Norbert

• Kasia Swiderska

Hello Norbert,

When it comes to Plugins, should I activate them for the whole network? You have a lot of plugins that are usefull to administer a Network but these are not good if a user sees them. What is the best way to proceed?

That really depend on your and your clients needs and from the plugin. There are some plugins (like Pro Sites) that have to be network activated, but will work only as network plugins so they will be available only in network. There are also plugins like Smush Pro and MarketPress that will work and will be visible on all sites when network activated, but will have additional options on network level that subsite admins wont see.
    And there are plugins like Appointments+ or Events+ that network activated will work on every site like they were activated per site.

There is no general way of activating plugins because everything depends on what you need.
    If you tell me what plugins you want to use I can advise you better on this matter.

kind regards,
    Kasia

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.