generate a linked list of all posts that can be viewed for copying content

I am working with a site that was made using Jango. I am changing to Wordpress as the person who made the site is no longer with us and it a bit complicated to use. However, it has a few nice things that we need to duplicate for the new site.

We are a newspaper and on the current site when all stories are entered a run sheet that is just links to the stories is created. It allows the person who pulls the stories from the site to put them into a format usable for the paper.

One the links are clicked on they are crossed out so we know it was pulled.

I thought maybe this would be just an RSS feed type of thing. I believe it is similar to that but we need a little more functionality.

Is this something that already exists or can it be created?

Thanks for your help.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Hey there.

I'm not sure to be honest. Although I think part of the issue here is that I don't think I fully understand what was happening on this other system or how you want to duplicate that.

Do you have any real life examples of how it works, or a series of screenshots for me to see so I can better understand what you are looking for.

Thanks.

• JOE KARL
    • WPMU DEV Initiate

Timothy,

I appreciate you trying to help. I have two screenshots.

The first is the runsheet itself.

This is what happens on the old system, a story is input similar to entering a new post in WP. Then all of them get compiled into the list you see in the screenshot. There is green button next to all of them that is clicked on when the story gets published. That puts a line through it.

If you click on the story itself you see what is in the next screen shot. Below the text all the images show up.

The person using this data needs the simple format so she can move it to her program for printing of the paper.

There is another part of this which I haven't mentioned as just getting a list like this first if it is possible is what I am trying to accomplish.

The other stuff is having a spot when making a new post to enter something like a Page number and print date. Those would need to show up only on this runsheet output and not on the post itself when made.

Let me know what you think.
    Thanks.

• Timothy
    • Chief Pigeon

Is this all online or are we talking about when things are taken to print?

If so then I suppose you could use something like CustomPress to create some extra fields for print date and page number. You could include that on the article page wrapped in a conditional statement so only admins see it.

https://premium.wpmudev.org/project/custompress

You could also look at expanding the posts area in the admin to include those details.

You see in my screen that you have published and drafts, you will also see a column for Facebook well thats a custom column created by our ultimate Facebook plugin. I suppose you could add a column for print date and page number.

Its not exactly the same but it could be close.

For taking the text with no formatting, perhaps something like this:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/wp-print-friendly/

Or this:

http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/printfriendly/screenshots/

Could help.

I'm not sure about existing plugins which will do exactly what you want, perhaps other members will have some suggestions here.

Take care.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.