generate users based on feed authors

this is a feature request actually. could it be possible in the next versions to add the possibility to generate the missing author when the question asked is "If author in feed does not exist locally use" ... instead of just taking an existing user, we could have "generate the user based on the feed author" ...

i'll code it on my side as you have nothing right now, but it could be a good addition if the site owner wants these feeds to have proper profiles, or instead of always creating these users beforehand... and it populate a new blog...

thanks!

• Nithin

Hi jean-pierre,

Hope you are doing good today. :slight_smile:

Thank you for suggestion the feature, at the moment the plugin will use the author names from the feeds, but these different authors name will point to the user, as set in the, If author in feed does not exist locally use option.

I'm marking this as a feature request, so that that instead of setting different author names to a single user account, we could have option to create user account in the system. I'm moving this thread to the Features & Feedback section. The more members supports this idea, the more it'll be considered for development.

If you happen to find any quick workaround, it would be awesome if you could share that with the community :slight_smile: Have a great weekend. :slight_smile:

Kind Regards,
    Nithin

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.