Genesis Framework and WPMU Prosites?

Hello,

I wanted to know the following. I’m setting up a multisite network. And will use the pro sites plugin/ new blog template plugin from WPMU as a base. I was also planning to use the domainmapping plugin and a few more like easy blogging and support system.

If I would use the Genesis Framework for the themes that run within the network. Do you think this will cause any trouble. Because I see a few topics in the WPMU forums/blogs but non of them give a definitive answer on if and in what way things would conflict.

Hope you can help.

Kind regards,
Steven

• Elliott Bristow

Hi @wijngaardeWD,

The reason you can't find a definitive answer is because, unfortuately, there isn't one.

We do our best to make sure out plugins are as compatible as possible with other themes, plugins and frameworks, but we can't guarantee 100% compatibility in any situation.

What we can guarantee is that, if you experience conflicts between our plugins and another plugin or theme running on your site, you can come back here and we will do everything we can to work out where the conflict is and to help you fix it (or if necessary implement a fix to our plugins that improve compatibility).

I realise this probably isn't the answer you wanted to hear, but I hope it puts your mind at rest. As in all cases, the best way to find out if there's an issue is to try it, and if there is... let us know and we'll take a look for you.

• wijngaardeWD

Hi @Elliot Bristow,

Thanks for your reply and your service.

I understand now that there is no definitive answer. Perhaps you can help me to clarify something else which realy confuses me.

I had red somewhere on the forum that specificly some frameworks have more compatibility issues with WPMU than a regular theme. I have always used regular themes like Elegant themes and on themeforrest. But have no experience with frameworks like Genesis.

And with regular themes I have noticed that some of the WPMU plugins are not directly compatible and I need to use some CSS to fix that. But I think this is normal and not realy a problem.

But for this project I'm working on, I realy want to use the Genesis Framework as a base for the themes I want to make available on the Multisite network. And since I'm realy not experienced with Frameworks, I would like to know, from your experience, is there a difference in to be expected compatibility issues between Frameworks and "regular themes".

Thank you for your help.

Kind regards,
    Steven

• Elliott Bristow

Personally I'm not overly familiar with the various frameworks. I know that some of them can have certain compatibility issues, but the only way to really find out is to give it a try.

CSS tweaks are a common feature of any site development, and you can expect to need to do this with any theme/framework/plugin etc. As far as other compatibility issues are concerned, all I can really say is... if you FIND a problem, let us know about it and we'll do what we can to help you get round it... or perhaps suggest an alternative.

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.