GEO my WP and Event+ Integration

Hi all,
I got many requests from users about creating integration between GEO my WP and WPMUDEV plugins. I will be working on better integration in the future but for the moment I created a simple integration between GEO my WP and events+. The attached add-on will simply geocode and add events location to GEO my WP when creating/editing events from the front end. And so, events will be searchable via GEO my WP without updating each event ( that created or edited in the front-end ) in the back-end as well.
The add-on will work only with the new version of GEO my WP which is still in beta, but pretty stable beta, version which is attached to this post as well.
GEO my WP, in very short ( For those who doesn't know ), allows an advance proximity search ( based on address and distance entered ) for post types and Buddypress members. Here you can learn more about the plugin.
for those who already use GEO my WP below are few of the major changes in the attached version of GEO my WP:

1)This is a major update ( probably the biggest since the plugin's initial release ) for GEO my WP. The main focus was on better structured code, code improvement, performance, better integration with add-on ( actions/filters ) and improvement of the backend.
2) Most of the code was redone and is now much cleaner and better structured using OOP.
3) The update takes care of major performance issues specially in the back end caused by the licensing system.
4) Many php and javascript files were removed which should results in better performance.
5) Code of the back end was completely redone for the first time since the first release of the plugin.
6) brand new shiny back-end interface.
7) Improved "Current location widget/shortcode".
8) instead of using [gmw_results] to display results in a different page you should now use [gmw form="results"]
9) You can now display the map of a search results anywhere on the page using the shortcode [gmw map="form id"]. In order to use it you will need to set the feature "display map?" to "using shortcode" when editing a form
10) There are many other changes, improvements, new shortcodes and functions that i will explain in the future with the final release.

Enjoy!

geo-my-wp.zip
gmw-events-plus.zip

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

You FABULOUS person/s you.... :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Hopefully the DEVs will Look at and be GLAD to incorporate such effort..and provide more HOOKS.... please

Having used Geo am now a MAJOR convert and have pointed many many folks to it..
    To WPMU devs it
    WORKS ...
    FUNCTIONS as expected
    is PREDICTIVE.
    To you may be nothing to folks like me who use it is a MAJOR timesaver and appears all round to be neat and no resource hog at all..
    and is all round easy to use straight out of the box...

PLEASE look at it with welcoming eyes...

@fitoussi
    Will let you know how it goes..

(perhaps I ask too early but) Could you be so kind as to let me know your opinion on this,.. ie distance search which is vital and events has the added issue of bringing up events without a date or day in the list view..

https://premium.wpmudev.org/forums/topic/as-requested-new-thread-to-add-event-date-to-template

• fitoussi
    • The Incredible Code Injector

Thank you @be for the kind words. Support is much appreciated.

1) True, I forgot to mentioned that because of the major changes in the plugin and database all the settings and forms will be lost. But you will NOT LOSE any of your locations.

2) can you post a link to your search page?

• be
    • WP Core Meltdown

My bad - Did not have the Search results shortcode as well as the Form Shortcode on the page = BUT..

issue appears to be a "custom Template" issue..
    ie if I use a default "results template" results display.
    If I use a custom Template (PlaceDistance) get Fatal Error

Line 24 <?php gmw_pt_results_map($gmw); ?>

Just confirming the "results templates" appear to be an issue.
    CLEAN - CUSTOM & DEFAULT provide a result..
    any other option returns a differing fatal error.

Now if you can also add the Event DATE... to the results will be a very happy camper..

NOTE - Custom taxonomies no longer display Please put them back..... :slight_smile: ie currently only shows default event+ categories (which we don't use and no custom categories which we do use.)

• fitoussi

@be,
    I replied to your email but I will reply here as well.
    Some of the functions was modified so you will need to compare your custom template files to one of the default template files ( one that works ) which comes with GEO my WP and modify your functions based on that. I will fix the template files that product the error.

Custom taxonomies should work. I haven't change that. In a matter of fact I added the support of non hierarchical taxonomies which makes it possible to filter results based on tags as well.

Event date should be easily added by modifying your results template. I will look into that.

• dialmint

Hi @fitoussi,

I am trying to use GeoMyWp with my directory plugin to show proximity based results.

The following is my setup:

1. Multisite installation where each site is a city site.
    2. Installed post indexer and using Global Site Search.

Now what i would like to do is the following:

1. What a user comes to the site would like to redirect him to the respective city page where city based content will be displayed.
    2. When the user searches (currently only businesses) he should be showed with businesses close to him first and then expand based on his location.
    3. Also I have a database of businesses with lat/long, City, State, etc on separate columns and for the use with directory plugin have combined together into a single column. Can you please advice if i will have to keep this on seperate columns also and also let me know how do i map the column with the plugin.

Really appreciate your quick response.

Thanks and Regards,
    Alagiri

Thank NAME, for their help.

Let NAME know exactly why they deserved these points.

Gift a custom amount of points.